|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- Looks good. I just cleaned it up considerably this morning, mostly to insert wikipedia links, give it paragraphs, and remove a lot of apparent nonsense and repetition. Apparently between that cleanup and your edits, a portion of the article was changed back including errors like Leto III and Irulan as concubine, Chani as wife. But between your edits and mine later in the day, that all was taken care of. -rasd (13:57, 26 April 2006)
Vitiligo is a skin pigmentation disease and I doubt it is fatal. I can't remember the cause of Chani's death now, but I really doubt it was due to Vitiligo. - Alnedra (14:14, 26 July 2006)
Shouldn't it be noted somewhere that a great deal of the information comes from the Dune Encyclopedia and not FH's writings? --SandChigger 20:41, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
- Though the article needs some stylistic edits (like in the Upbringing section), I don't see anything major that stands out as being from the DE (although I did make a note on Talk:Feyd-Rautha about the source of the potential match beween him and Irulan). What specifically have you noticed? But yeah, anything from there should be pulled out into its own section. I can do it, I'll just have to find some time to read thru the Irulan section in the DE. TAnthony 21:15, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
Plot against House Atreides section
I'm not so sure about the following information from this section:
- "there was wide speculation that Irulan could be married to either Leto or his son Paul"
- "the Emperor offered to potentially give Irulan in marriage to the Harkonnen heir apparent, na-Baron Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen."
I don't believe this is from any of the novels, could it be an extrapolation from the miniseries? A similar note occures in the Feyd-Rautha article:
- "The Baron planned a strategic marital alliance, hoping to marry Feyd to Princess Irulan Corrino, the eldest daughter of the Emperor Shaddam IV, and giving the Harkonnens influence or control over the throne."
If anyone has any idea where these items originated, please make a note here; I will reference anything from the Prelude to Dune series, etc. as such, and incorporate anything from the miniseries into the "Adaptation" section. TAnthony 00:41, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
While we're on the topic of article sources, I'd say that if possible all information from the Dune Encyclopedia should be moved into a separate section, and information from Frank Herbert's Dune/Children of Dune is definitely merged into the rest of the article; the line "but here's a man worthy of being your son" or whatever is from the miniseries, not the book. Something needs to be done about it. Unidentified Flying Bunny in the Sky Talk Contribs 00:43, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- I cleaned up and added sources to this article awhile back, and no longer see any blatant DE info incorporated here. The line you mention is most definitely one of Irulan's few from the novel:
- The Princess Royal put a hand on her father's arm. "Father," she said, and her voice was silky soft, soothing.
- "Don't try your tricks on me," the Emperor said. He looked at her. "You don't need to do this, Daughter. We've other resources that --"
- "But here's a man fit to be your son," she said.
- The old Reverend Mother, her composure regained, forced her way to the Emperor's side, leaned close to his ear and whispered.
- "She pleads your case," Jessica said.
Oh, whoops, didn't notice that... Does anyone know about her role in the movie, if it's been expanded or not, and if somebody could put the "alternate biography" from the DE in that'd be nice too. Unidentified Bunny Flying in the Sky Talk Contribs 21:41, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- The Lynch film is pretty much faithful to the book (Irulan doesn't have much) but her expanded role in the 2000 miniseries is covered in Irulan Corrino#Irulan in adaptations. Yeah, adding a little of the DE stuff is a good idea, I'll hafta dig out my copy ;) — TAnthonyTalk 23:12, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Was Prince Irulan ever destined to become Empress Regnant in her own right?
In essence, I have found nothing to suport this, but it seems the succession law did not recognize Empress Regnants, women rulers by right. Does anyone know more details?♦Drachenfyre♦·Talk 03:40, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
I'm wondering if perhaps a move to Princess Irulan would be in order, in the same way Jessica Atreides was aptly moved to Lady Jessica awhile back. On a whim, I searched the texts for the use of the phrase "Irulan Corrino" and it never appears in any of Herberts original novels. Obviously, all of her epigraphs are attributed to "Princess Irulan" in Dune, and Messiah and CoD refer to her as "Princess Irulan" or just "Irulan." The lead sentence could stay as-is and note "Corrino," but ... Thoughts? — TAnthonyTalk 02:36, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Broken External Links
- Princess Irulan photo gallery ~ SciFi.com/Dune
- Princess Irulan photo gallery ~ SciFi.com/Children of Dune
Are both broken as ScyFy (as now known) seem to have drastically changed their website and also removed almost all Dune (and Children of) related stuff. New links to official sites needed. Although I can't find any on a quick Google as all the "official" links point to now broken ScyFy pages. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:43, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Princess Irulan. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://arrakis.ru/ha_int_mf.shtml
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.dunemessiah.com/irulan.shtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors. — TAnthonyTalk 16:43, 4 April 2016 (UTC)