|WikiProject Ethnic groups||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Africa / Tanzania||(Rated Start-class, Top-importance)|
The following paragraphs were recently added to the article:
- As with the Nyamwezi, all members of the group of Greater Unyamwezi identified themselves as Wanjamwezi out side of the 'greater' area, but among themselves used Sukuma, Konogo, etc.. The Wasukuma call themselves, Sukuma, (northerners) when speaking to Nyamweezi, but use Nyamwezi when speaking to anyone else. It can be called the Nyamwezi-Sukuma complex, for while never united, they were very closely related in attitude and way of life. Like most of their neighbors they were were an etnic group divided into many smaller groups. Some claim they were a Nyamwezi people who had moved northwestwards to escape Mirambo's raids with the result that game and tsetse re-occupied the deserted area.
- Unyanyembe, the most important chiefdom of the Wanjamwesi, centered on Tabora, obtained its meat suplies from the Sukuma. By 1892, however, the herds of cattle began to decline due to rinderpest and tsetse fly, and while tweo-thirds of German East Africa became unsuitable for cattle in gerneral pfoba bly did not recover until after the end First World War; large valuable herds of were retained by the Sukuma who were then still able to escape much social change by exploiting the herd economically. Sakuma tradition suggests that famine did become more common towards the end of the nineteenth century, leaving conservative Sukuma blaming religious innovation for natural disasters and expecting regular sacrifices for the household or chiefdom ancestors.
However, this information is not sourced and fails to meet the verifiability policy. Please include only when sourced; for why that's important, see Wikipedia:Verifiability. — mark ✎ 08:37, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
Copyright problem removed
One or more portions of this article duplicated other source(s). Infringing material has been rewritten or removed and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a compatible license. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.) For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or published material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use copyrighted publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences or phrases. Accordingly, the material may be rewritten, but only if it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. -- — CactusWriter | needles 14:44, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Sukuma people. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://arquivo.pt/wayback/20090720073202/http://philip.greenspun.com/sukuma/ to http://philip.greenspun.com/sukuma
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.