Talk:Syracuse Orange football
|WikiProject College football||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Syracuse, New York||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|This article is written in American English (labor, traveled, realize, defense), and some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
Chasing the players
There is a photo on this pages with the caption 'Former football head coach Greg Robinson "chases" the last of his players onto the field before the kickoff of his inaugural 2005 season.' Why is the word "chases" in quotation? He is actually chasing them. - Mdriver1981 (talk) 19:51, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
Cuse has had 42 All Americans. The infobox syntax allows for links to players' articles, but 42 people is obv. too many to link. Should we just leave the number, or include some players based on certain criteria?Darry2385 (talk) 12:15, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- Don't forget to sign your comments. As far as the infobox, the way I have seen it done on other college football pages is just to list the number. I would check out a few other team football pages if you need examples to look at. Hope this helps! Cardsplayer4life (talk) 00:32, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Image deletion discussion
Relevant deletion discussion at Wikipedia:Files_for_deletion/2011_December_30#File:Syracuse Orange Football.png.--GrapedApe (talk) 17:28, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
Is there a notability criteria for having separate lists of results like this? I would have thought a college team would not be notable enough to warrant a separate article. Op47 (talk) 23:22, 27 July 2012 (UTC)
- A. "The Oval", on SU's campus, according to this article. Regards, DA Sonnenfeld (talk) 17:35, 31 December 2013 (UTC)
Football rivalries (updates needed)
At least a couple of updates are needed to the 'Football rivalries' section:
- New subsection needed on SU's rivalry with Colgate - longer than any other (see 'Early history' section and footnote).
- Subsection on Penn State rivalry needs to be updated to include their 2013 game.
- Series totals may need updating.