|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The new stadium for the Dallas Cowboys is currently under construction, but why isn't there an article for the stadium? Jim856796 10:17, 16 June 2006 (UTC)
- Be bold. Create a new page for the new stadium, and please cite sources. Simishag 18:48, 16 June 2006 (UTC)
- I added one at New Cowboys Stadium. This was the best name I could find. If someone knows of a better name, please re-name it. Patken4 05:02, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
The section about seats being resold by someone in North Carolina using Google Checkout seems a lot like advertising. Anyone else agree? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kchambers (talk • contribs) 03:16, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
I believe that the statement in the article that the hole in the roof was the result of a shortage of funding and proper planning is nonsense. Without reliable documentation in the next week or so I will delete this statement. Unschool 06:50, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
I agree. This is an urban myth. It was originally designed this way. You can't build half a structure, without all sorts of structural difficulties.
- I Also agree, i have a website (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/pt/slideshows/2008/12/121208_txstadium/) that shows an artist's sketch of the planned stadium (second image). That is why i am removing the part that texas stadium was going to have a retractable roof. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:49, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
This has resurfaced with reference to a book that has a multitude of unrelated factual inaccuracies and no references of its own. A section titled "Roof Myth" should be created to end this. Quotes from the original architect and team owner should be included along with pictures of original sketch. I have done a ton of research on this and while the design genesis is a complicated story, the notion that it was some mistake is false, easy to disprove, and should be addressed. Mullegun (talk) 12:01, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
crown of field at texas statium
does anyone know the amount of crown in the current field at texas statium? i was told it was almost three feet from center of field to sideline, thanks for any info —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:34, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
"Yet as unnamed stadium"
The Cowboys will be moving to a brand new stadium located in Arlington, Texas for the 2009 season. Funded mostly by taxes but partially by Jerry Jones, the stadium will be state-of-the-art. It is outrageously expensive.
Was a Stadium?
Is it correct to change the first sentence to "Texas Stadium WAS...", as 1: The Cowboys won't play in the stadium anymore, 2: After the last Texas High School Playoff games are played, the stadium will no longer be used to host sporting events, and 3: I really want to say Texas Stadium WAS.. (lol) Qazox (talk) 06:06, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
- Does it still stand, or has demolition begun? Demolition of the stadium, that is, not of the Cowboys season, although the Ravens did their part in that process tonight. Baseball Bugs What's up, Doc? 06:43, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
Candidate For Speedy Deletion: No Building No Article
Could someone please explain the above statements? Or is this just blanking/archive bait per WP:TALKO ("It is still common, and uncontroversial, to simply delete gibberish, rants about the article subject (as opposed to its treatment in the article")? --Closeapple (talk) 19:11, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
- For the record, the speedy delete was here 18:36, 20 June 2010 (UTC)