Talk:Tha Carter III/Archive 1
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
|WikiProject Albums||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Hip hop||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
- 1 Genre Labeling
- 2 Dr. Carter Page needs to be updated
- 3 Release Date
- 4 Title Of Leaked Songs From: Tha Carter III
- 5 New Track Listing
- 6 Tracks and information
- 7 ????? serious question
- 8 Early October
- 9 Sources for Guests?
- 10 Tha Carter series is NOT a trilogy
- 11 Dr. Dre
- 12 Fair use rationale for Image:Lil Wayne Carter 3 Front.jpg
- 13 Confirmed Release Date
- 14 Tracks confirmed in the latest Rolling Stone mag
- 15 Vandalism...
- 16 Tha Carter III: The Leak
- 17 CD cover
- 18 Track Listing
- 19 Eminem
- 20 Second single
- 21 Release Date
- 22 A Millie
- 23 Two new Carter 3 tracks
- 24 June 10th?
- 25 Track Listing and Album Cover
- 26 Lisa Marie
- 27 Another Confirmed Track
- 28 Track Listing
- 29 New Track
- 30 Track Listing
- 31 Leaked Track “Me and My Drank”?
- 32 Hello Brooklyn
- 33 Lollipop (Official Remix)
- 34 Middle Eastern Party?
- 35 Comparison
- 36 Got Money Citation
- 37 BAD NEWS
- 38 GOOD NEWS
- 39 TRACKLIST IS FAKE
- 40 NEW PRODUCER UPDATE
- 41 I HATE BRINGING BAD NEWS BUT...
- 42 Party Control
- 43 Itunes Bonus Tracks
- 44 OFFICIAL TRACKLIST!!!
- 45 Nevermind It's Another Fake
- 46 Official Tracklist
- 47 Got Money Confirmed
- 48 We need to edit the tracklisting again...
- 49 A Milli Remix
- 50 Lets Not Forget
- 51 Someone
- 52 Deluxe edition and tha carter III
- 53 Something to think about
- 54 Track Listing
- 55 Tracklisitng
- 56 Just Blaze produced "Mr. Carter"
- 57 Why not?
- 58 You Ain't Got Nuthin'
- 59 Mrs. Officer
- 60 Is the carter 3 going to be delayed
- 61 Leaked
- 62 Good Girl Gone Bad....?
- 63 Shoot me down
- 64 5 singles?
- 65 itunes
- 66 Can someone put these Professional Reviews on Tha Carter 3 article?
- 67 Samples
- 68 Tracklisting Curveball?
- 69 STOP CHANGING THE PRODUCTION CREDITS
- 70 UK Bonus Tracks?
- 71 Mrs. Officer Features!
- 72 Collaborators Section
- 73 Al Sharpton controversy
- 74 Let the Beat Build's Samples
- 75 Mrs. Officer -- Single???
- 76 Album Sales
- 77 We HAVE to do something about all these singles
- 78 Diddy calls it a classic
- 79 REWARD
- 80 Links to Album Sales sources
- 81 Credits from the booklet
- 82 sampled in let the beat build
- 83 Carter III sales
- 84 3 bonus tracks
- 85 The Source rating
- 86 Mrs. Officer is the ... wtf FOURTH single?
- 87 Dr. Carter Sample AGAIN
- 88 Talk page guidelines
- 89 Spelling error
- 90 What I Think..
- 91 Did David Banner produce Lisa Marie
- 92 I added The Source rating
I second that, there are absolutely no crunk party songs on the album, even the david banner produced LaLa - which i thought would be - isn't.
Dr. Carter Page needs to be updated
- It's gone anyways so forget about it, lol.
It really shouldn't just say that it was released on June 10th. It was released earlier in other countries. For example, it was released in Ireland on Friday, June 6th.
Title Of Leaked Songs From: Tha Carter III
NEW LEAKED SONGS (MAY 30TH) Go to hotnewhiphop.com.. About six new songs have been leaked
The title of the second single that was released from Tha Carter III is called "A Millie" it is pronounced (A Milli). The single was produced by Bangladesh and features Corey Gunz. Please GET THE TITLES RIGHT AT LEAST.
Obviously the title of the first single that was released from Tha Carter III is called "Lollipop."
New Track Listing
Not sure how to address this,Jack Winston but as I am typing this, somebody is putting in a track listing (by pasting the carter 2 track listing in and editing it). I have no idea where they are getting this information, but I cant find it anywhere.
Tracks and information
we need sources for all this information otherwise it just looks like a load of made up bullshit Lionelxhutz 04:50, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- Agreed. The youngmoneyent.com 'source' has nothing as far as tracklisting.--NPswimdude500 05:29, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
The Real Tracklisiting 1. 3 PEAT 2. MR. CARTER FEAT. - FEAT. JAYZ 3. A MILLI 4. GOT MONEY FEAT. - FEAT. TPAIN 5. COMFORTABLE FEAT. - FEAT. BABYFACE 6. PHONE HOME 7. DR. CARTER 8. TIE MY HANDS - FEAT. ROBIN THICKE 9. SHOOT ME DOWN FEAT. - D.SMIH 10. PLAYN WITH FIRE FEAT. - BETTY WRIGHT 11. LOLLIPOP FEAT. - STATIC MAJOR 12. LA FEAT. - BRISCO, BUSTA RHYMES 13. GOOD GIRL GONE BAD 14. YOU AINT GOT NUTHIN ON ME - FABOLOUS, JUELZ SANTANA 15. LET THE BEAT BUILD 16. WHIP IT 17. MISUNDERSTOOD
SOMEONE SHOULD DEFINITELY MENTION THE FACT THAT AMAZON CURRENTLY HAS 1.5 MILLION PRE-ORDERS FOR THA CARTER III. I MEAN, THAT MEANS THE DAY IT COMES OUT, IT'S AUTOMATICALLY PLATINUM. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 06:57, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
????? serious question
Does anyone actually know when it will come out
Wayne stated that it'll be ready September/October, so that means we can expect third Carter in the December or first months of 2007. --22.214.171.124 13:54, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
- Are there are sources for the recent change of the release date? If there are no recent sources for a release date, then I will remove it altogether. At this point, it seems to be pure speculation anyway...--NPswimdude500 04:35, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
Well, this article claims that the lead single will be released in early October; it is now late october and no single has been released, so I removed that portion. Vickfan 01:30, 23 October 2006 (UTC)
Sources for Guests?
Also I noticed that none of the rumored guests are sourced. If this has been confirmed anywhere there should be a link. I'll give the author a chance to add someVickfan 01:44, 23 October 2006 (UTC)
The album cover for the album is not the real cover. This is on of the many fan art interpretations floating around the net
Eminem? c'mon and 50 Cent is most certainly not featured due to the fact that they have beef with each other.
Tha Carter series is NOT a trilogy
Lil Wayne has stated that there will be 5 Tha Carter albums and already has songs referencing Tha Carter 4 and 5. Someone needs to change the trilogy error.
At this point, we don't even have a solid release date for Tha Carter III. Therefore, it is not reasonable to list Tha Carter IV in the chronology section.--NPswimdude500 01:27, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
But Weezy did confirm that he's planning on releasing 5 Carter albums.
Then it's clearly NOT presumed to be the last in the carter trilogy. Someone should remove that line.
I read on the Aftermath site on Dr. Dres profile that he is rumored to be producing for this album. Should he be added to the producers of the album or should we wait till more info comes out about the album? Volumesoxxs
- You need a materialized reference, otherwise it won't be added or considered to be added. --Ayoleftyz 07:36, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
i would wait..=] Push It Baby!! ..Dats Muh Song!!..=] (Tay) 12:22, 20 April 2007 (UTC)
No way in hell would dre produce a lil wayne album also wheres the evidence?
Fair use rationale for Image:Lil Wayne Carter 3 Front.jpg
Image:Lil Wayne Carter 3 Front.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to http://www.defsounds.com/media/2197/2209/7143/asset.jpg and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
BetacommandBot 14:43, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
Confirmed Release Date
The release date has been confirmed. Its coming out December 18, 2007. So please stop putting 2008, Lil' Wayne confirmed this himself.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 00:18:54, August 19, 2007 (UTC)
Tracks confirmed in the latest Rolling Stone mag
It said that tracks "Layaway" produced by Kanye, and "Pussy Monster" prod. by Cool & Dre, are confirmed in a listening seession, but everytime i keep putting them up they get deleted, its confirmed so dont delete it. Papi34 21:59, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- You need a materialized source, not just hearsay. Until you provide that, they will be deleted. --Ayoleftyz 07:35, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
What is with all of these people adding fake/unconfirmed tracks non-stop? It's simple, read WP:BALL and if you cannot even provide a RELIABLE MATERIALIZED reference, then don't add the information. Also, do not add ridiculous stuff like track times for songs that haven't even been released correctly (i.e. live version of "Gossip" from BET Hip Hop Awards)... If it's live, that doesn't provide an accurate track time, it's a no-brainer! All vandalism WILL be reverted and you WILL be reported for these acts of vandalism, very simple. --Ayoleftyz 07:40, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
changed to rumoured tracks this should be less stringent you still need a sorce to posthenry 04:44, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
Tha Carter III: The Leak
I dunno how to do it, but somebody needs to create an article on this and edit this one. Wayne is taking almost every track that's leaked from Tha Carter III and releasing it as a full retail album on December 18th called 'Tha Carter III: The Leak'. It's a completely seperate album, here's the link - http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1572846/20071026/lil_wayne.jhtml —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:39, 26 October 2007 (UTC)
I found the rumored cover for tha Carter 3 here's the link http://www.defsounds.com/media/2197/2209/7143/asset.jpg
1.Rider 2. I Took Her 3. Navigator Man 4. Smoke Session ft. Juliany 5. Kiss Me Baby 6. I Like It ft. Boo & Mack Maine 7. Get Off Me 8. Comfortable ft. Babyface 9. Mic Check 1, 2 ft. Juliany 10. Need Some Quiet Time 11. Burn this City ft. Twista 12. Self Destruction 13. Do What We Do 14. Money, Cars, Clothes ft. T Streetz & Swizz Beatz 15. Gossip 16. Pussy, Money, Weed 17. One Night Only 18. Time to Give Me Mine 19.time to get mine "Lollipop" —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:49, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
ive been reading and i found an article on wayne bought the leak and the carter 3 and everybody sayin the eminem turned wayne down so i think u could add the heres a link http://www.rapbasement.com/news/lil-wayne/lil-wayne-s-the-leak-hits-stores-quietly-and-shortened.html read thru all of it its in the comments and stuff.I hope he is on tho —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:22, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
- Those comments are unreliable and are as good as any other gossip we see. We need confirmed, reliable references. --Ayoleftyz (talk) 21:02, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
still is he gonna b on i no he said dat em aint do it but we all no its still a possibility im just sayin anybody no would b a good collabo —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:29, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
The second single is I'm Illi. Go here if you don't believe me. http://www.blender.com/Exclusive-Previewing-Lil-Waynes-Tha-Carter-III/Blender-Blog/blogs/1168/18751.aspx A Millie doesn't exist
I must say, I'm curious as to why "I'm Illi" is constantly being deleted from the tracklisting of "Tha Carter III," considering the fact that it is confirmed in the very same article that confirms "Beat the Block," "Eat You Alive," and "Let the Beat Build" (Reference 20, Exclusive: Previewing Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III). If I'm mistaken, could someone simply explain it to me? --Tri-Edge 08:42, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
Oh, my mistake. Thank you for the explanation. --Tri-Edge 02:31, 30 March 2008
Two new Carter 3 tracks
'Dinnertime' and 'Staring at the World' will both be on Tha Carter 3.
If this is true, im not even bothering it, Lollipop is weak and overplayed. A Millie is annoying. The tracks i like is "I Feel Like Dying" and "I Like Dat"
Track Listing and Album Cover
Is that really rhe legitimate cover & (current) release date? --Tri-Edge, 08:48, 10 April 2008
== New Release Date ==
Weezy stated at an MSU concert that the album is coming out June 10. Can someone please change the date on the page? Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sUUB0CoAA8&eurl=http://hithiphop.com/
A track titled "Lisa Marie" has been posted in Tha Carter IIi tracklisting. It's the legitimate named of a leaked track, but it has no reference to support that Wayne ever said it was going to be included on C3. I tried looking for a ref, but I could only find blogs with the leak; if anyone can find a ref, please add it (I don't know how :p); otherwise, it should be taken off. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 18:29, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
- I removed it. It doesn't show a source for the track. --Esanchez(Talk 2 me or Sign here) 18:48, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
Another Confirmed Track
There is an Untitled Track featuring Busta Rhymes and Brisco Produced by David Banner here is the source http://24hourhiphop.com/article.php?id=2434 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:36, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure it's actually "Chanell," but don't take my word for it. Anyway, I added the track with Brisco & Busta and the ref (took me freakin' forever to figure out referencing :B).
- Don't be ridiculous. We can't just make up a tracklisting. We need verifiable references (not hearsay) to add tracks, and even then they might not make the final cut. The only definite tracklisting will be the one released with the album. Deal with it. :B —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 16:32, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
--AndrewTheGod (talk) 03:39, 29 April 2008 (UTC) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Dre_production_discography
look under 2008 and lil wayne.
why would someone change it back to chanell for featuring under showtime? it clearly is featuring juilany and main event as of right now. —Preceding unsigned comment added by AndrewTheGod (talk • contribs) 23:39, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
- Because you need a referenced source. Even though the track's posted all over the web, that might not be the same version used on the album. If you can prove Weezy's said that's the official version, provided the link and it'll be changed. No biggie. :b
Heres the track listing accourding to http://www.urbanbridgez.com/wire.htm
1. 3 PEAT 2. MR. CARTER FEAT. - JAYZ 3. A MILLI 4. GOT MONEY FEAT. - TPAIN 5. COMFORTABLE FEAT. - BABYFACE 6. PHONE HOME 7. DR. CARTER 8. TIE MY HANDS - FEAT. ROBIN THICKE 9. SHOOT ME DOWN FEAT. - D.SMIH 10. PLAYN WITH FIRE FEAT. - BETTY WRIGHT 11. LOLLIPOP FEAT. - STATIC MAJOR 12. LA FEAT. - BRISCO, BUSTA RHYMES 13. GOOD GIRL GONE BAD 14. YOU AINT GOT NUTHIN ON ME FEAT. - FABOLOUS, JUELZ SANTANA 15. LET THE BEAT BUILD 16. WHIP IT 17. MISUNDERSTOOD
Who the hell keeps changing it back? It aint like I'm not supplying a source as to where I got this track listing from and yeah it looks legit to me. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Straight Face (talk • contribs) 03:56, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
This track listing is incorrect. Please edit this to the track list that was on a few days ago. Lil Wayne said that NO leaked music would make the album and "Comfortable" and "You Aint Got Nothin on me" are both already leaked.
Plus some of the other tracks that were previously verified by Wayne arent on this track, and the A Milli skit type songs arent on here either.
- And, um, how the heezy Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, and Timbaland song didn't make it? No way... 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:46, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
There is no way its official. but it is possible that most of the songs blender previewed didnt make the cut, it sucks because they all sounded like they would be fantastic for it.
and wayne did confirm that no leaked music would make the TCIII so we will see, but we now have two sites reporting this is the official tracklist. I would almost petititon this tracklist.
I was really looking forward to "eat you alive,staring at the world, dinnertime, and beat the block" but if they dont make it atleast make a deluxe edition and throw them on there. —Preceding unsigned comment added by AndrewTheGod (talk • contribs) 14:27, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
Track Listing for Tha Carter III: 1. 3 Peat 2. Mr. Carter (featuring Jay-Z) 3. A Milli 4. Got Money (featuring T-Pain) 5. Comfortable (featuring Babyface) 6. Phone Home 7. Dr. Carter 8. Tie My Hands (featuring Robin Thicke) 9. Shoot Me Down (featuring D.Smih) 10. Playin’ With Fire (featuring Betty Wright) 11. Lollipop (featuring Static Major) 12. L.A. (featuring Brisco and Busta Rhymes) 13. Good Girl Gone Bad 14. You Ain’t Got Nuthin’ On Me (featuring Fabolous and Juelz Santana) 15. Let the Beat Build 16. Whip It 17. Misunderstood —Preceding unsigned comment added by Cmuratet307 (talk • contribs) 01:07, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
ok this track listing is everywhere now even on sites like allhiphop.com and sohh.com so who the hell keeps changing it back to that Confirmed Tracks crap? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:38, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
it is because everything lil wayne has stated about the album goes against that track list. and ill believe waynes word over some web sites or radio stations.
again wayne has said on many occasions that NO LEAKED MUSIC WILL MAKE THE ALBUM. "You Aint Got Nuthin On Me" and "Comfortable" are both leaked. There is also no Milli skits like Wayne said, and if you are telling me the Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, and Justin Timberlake song isnt on there youve lost your mind.
- Quite frankly, I think the tracklisting's a fake. Just because multiple sources are screaming it's real doesn't mean they're reliable. Besides that, there's been no verification of authenticity from Wayne's camp, so, until then, I say we leave the tracklisting as is. When we have a reliable source, I'll bite my tongue and we'll change it. -- Tri-Edge (talk) 17:19, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
funny how everyone is bitching over this tracklist just cause Eat You Alive, the Milli skits and the Timbaland song aint on it....NOBODY HAS EVEN HEARD ANY OF THESE TRACKS YET....for all you know this tracklist is probably the real one and it JUST MIGHT be hotter than you think....but we'll see
we all have good reason to bitch about it. none of the songs on the list look anywhere close to as appealing as the songs listed by blender and etc.. but you could be right. but ill take blenders songlist over this BS confirmed one anyday.
it's not official i doubt the Got Money track will not make it, and comfortable will in no way make it. also where's Showtime? and it probably get delayed again, but i kinda doubt that.
---Piazzajordan2 12:58, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
Leaked Track “Me and My Drank”?
Since he said no leaked music will be on the album I doubt that it will make the final cut, and I dont know if it was even in consideration. —Preceding unsigned comment added by ThabigQ (talk • contribs) 12:31, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
Yea but “Showtime (a.k.a. Lights, Camera, Action)” was leaked.
It was stated in an interview in XXL a few months ago that the original "Hello Brooklyn" song (off of which Jay-Z based his version) would be on the album, and that it would feature verses from Mos Def and Talib Kweli. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:43, 13 May 2008 (UTC)
- In a few months, it could've been scratched from the album. Do you have the link? I'll check it out. -- Tri-Edge (talk) 22:46, 13 May 2008 (UTC)
Lollipop (Official Remix)
I thing yall should add Lollipop (Remix) to the tracklist. Because yall keep saying tha official will be released two weeks prior to C3 but it was leaked today (May 14, 2008) featuring kanYeWest. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:12, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
Middle Eastern Party?
What the hell is this, should we take it off? It is not in the sources provided, though it's on his discography page. It just sounds like an outrageous track that will never happen.
---Piazzajordan2 03:29, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
I honestly want to know the same thing. but its also listed under akons,tpains, and the others wiki pages. same thing with earthquake? how was this track even found? —Preceding unsigned comment added by AndrewTheGod (talk • contribs) 03:33, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
He has a song called Earthquake on Tha Carter, so it can't be real.
---Piazzajordan2 17:29, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
if you read the articles doesn't "Dinnertime" and "Eat You Alive" seem like the same track but one has luda on it maybe it was a recent add. But they both talk about eating rappers.
---Piazzajordan2 00:27, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
Yeah they sound the same but I think that they could be two songs with the same meaning but way different production and all that. looks to me like just another pair of wayne songs with them talkin about eating people but produced differently and given different effects. I would guess we will know around the week of the 25th (most likely have the real tracklist by then) —Preceding unsigned comment added by AndrewTheGod (talk • contribs) 01:28, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
Got Money Citation
Got Money's een added to the tracklisting with a cited source, but I'm not entirely sure if the source is legit or reliable. Anyone care to check it out ? -- Tri-Edge (talk) 19 May 2008 (UTC) I say take it off until we get a more legit source.ThabigQ (talk) 23:05, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
Got Money WILL be the 3RD single according to iTunes .. check the "countdown to tha carter III" section. To be released on May 27th ... it doesnt matter if its a sample really .. like the mike jones track 'Cutty Buddy' it was originally recorded by Trillville —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:22, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry to bust your bubble, but that doesn't prove "Got Money" made the cut. :p It only proves that T-Pain, Jay-Z, & Kanye are on the album. -- Tri-Edge (talk) 00: 46, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
I think it might as well! I mean come on they can only do so many songs together! this is Bull. notice all 3 of those songs are on that BS list too...the only thing that would make me think otherwise is I know kanye helped produce atleast one track and they wouldnt have him listed in featurings if he didnt rap on a song..--AndrewTheGod (talk) 00:57, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- Tell me about it. :B But there's always the possibility that Wayne and Pain may have recorded a track that didn't leak (pfft, yeah right) and made the album. It's really more of a wait and see. If anything, I'm really just waiting for this "official" track list Birdman's been talking about. -- Tri-Edge (talk) 01: 25, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
Yeah its a possibility....but I just think its hard to believe that waynes label would release a tracklist for a CD they didnt even finish until 6 days ago. I think we will see something set and stone next week. not to mention best buy/amazon/etc.. havent listed this so called legit tracklist for the CD either.--AndrewTheGod (talk) 01:30, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
The tracklisting that is supposedly real is not. some of the songs on it will make the cut for the real one tho, songs include (that I know of): Mrs Officer, Whip It, Let The Beat Build. cant provide an internet source sadly :(. but the tracklisting should be out next week for sure.--22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:40, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- You can scratch that good news. That tracklisting is, according to Amazon.com, the official tracklisting.
http://www.amazon.com/Tha-Carter-III-Lil-Wayne/dp/B0013ABI48 I'll go edit the tracklisting. -- Tri-Edge (talk) 21: 24, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- I'll agree on that. The production is fine, I suppose, but the featured artists are rather boring, and most of the tracks have already been heard and are lyrcially inferior to Tha Carter II. "Got Money," "Comfortable," "You Ain't Got Nuthin on Me," "A Milli," "Lollipop,"... practically half the albumh as already surfaced. It's a bit discouraging. -- Tri-Edge (talk) 22:06, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
Exactly...and we still dont know if thats even 100% or who produced what....its just unreal to think out of all the people who contributed to this album he couldnt have picked lamer guest features...and as far as the songs he is holding on his own....the names look even more boring...3 peat? come on wayne...and not to mention NOBODY is happy about this tracklist...I would have expected him to change it...I swear it better be fire or I will toss it in one...--AndrewTheGod (talk) 22:15, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- Of the whole track listing, the only tracks that sound interesting to me are "Whip It" and "Misunderstood". Unfortunately, the production for those tracks is unknown, so they might turn out to be complete garbage. -- Tri-Edge (talk) 22:43, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
Im still not buying this as the real tracklisting. How could Comfortable be on it when it leaked like 1000 years ago. And Wayne said that no leaked music would make it... Why would three leaked songs make it over "Eat You Alive", The Nelly Furtado/JT/Timbaland song/Staring at the World/Dinnertime... I won't believe any tracklist until i have the CD in my hand. Also if you notice the name "D. Smith" is misspelled as "D. Smih" And wouldn't the "official" tracklist have the FULL NAME of the person in the song? Still not buying this thing, it goes against everything Wayne says, and ill believe Wayne over Amazon or any other site.
I really think its going to Sell Mad copies....but everyone is going to hate it....who would have thought after all the leaked material it would end up being garbage...--AndrewTheGod (talk) 00:00, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
TRACKLIST IS FAKE
If you look at Amazon.com and their tracklisting you will notice that anyone with an Amazon account can change the info with the "Update Product Info" button, making the tracklist not-valid.
Go to the site and look for yourselves, just like Wikipedia, anyone with an account can change the tracklist, and that tracklist is the same bogus one that has been floating around the web.ThabigQ (talk) 00:09, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
This is beginning to be the biggest mystery of the Carter III lol. and I have a source but cant say who tho that is saying other tracks nobody knows about yet are confirmed to be on the album. all I will say is that they are on the inside. why dont we just post both tracklists.
http://www.hiphop-elements.com/article/read/4/24750/1/ that kinda makes me think otherwise tho :(.--AndrewTheGod (talk) 00:13, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
Ok but lets not list the Jay Z Song and the Brisco song as untitled anymore...I think we know the names lol.
but remember that A milli is a street Single.
anyways This should be quite the week...were the only place minus hiphopdx/24hourhiphop/rapbasement/etc that hasnt listed the fake Track...keep prayin its fake lol...--AndrewTheGod (talk) 00:22, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- Truth be told, I'm relieved the track listing is fake. Nearly all the tracks sounded rather unappealing, anyway. I'd be completely satisfied if he changed that lame album cover, though. -- Tri-Edge (talk) 23 May 2008 (UTC)
NEW PRODUCER UPDATE
David Banner announced on May 21st 2008 on 106 & Park that he will be producing 2 beats for Tha Carter III.
I HATE BRINGING BAD NEWS BUT...
Got Money Featuring T Pain is the 2nd single, confirmed on Itunes and the new webisode on lil waynes myspace page. Deezle has confirmed that "Mrs Officer, Whip it, Misunderstood" (he produced these will be on the final tracklist for TCIII) --AndrewTheGod (talk) 23:27, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
Links to reference any of this?
Yes there is, its the one with birdman out in miami, he confirms when just shot the video for it too.
and the interview is not online sadly with deezle.
As sad as it really is lol.
It was never mentioned a track called Party Control. I'm going to remove it and add Untitled. Because it just said I'm doing a track with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake & Nelly Furtado.
---Piazzajordan2 02:52, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
Itunes Bonus Tracks
2 Special bonus tracks if you buy the CD through them....lets pray these two bonus tracks are good enough to save the album...
- crosses fingers for Eat You Alive and or Staring At The World/Dinnertime/Beat The Block--126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:50, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
1. 3 Peat [produced By Cool & Dre] 2. Mr. Carter (feat. Jay-z) [produced By Just Blaze] 3. A Milli [produced By Bangladesh] 4. Gotta Stunt [produced By The Runners] 5. Got Money (feat. T-pain) [produced By Play-n-skillz] 6. Dinnertime [produced By Deezle] 7. Comfortable (feat. Babyface) [produced By Kanye West] 8. Phone Home [produced By David Banner] 9. Dr. Carter [produced By Swizz Beatz] 10. Tie My Hands (feat. Robin Thicke) [produced By Kanye West] 11. Shoot Me Down [produced By Kanye West] 12. Playin' With Fire [produced By Streetrunner] 13. Lollipop (feat. Static Major) [produced By Jim Jonsin & Deezle] 14. La La (feat. Brisco & Busta Rhymes) [produced By David Banner] 15. Beat The Block [produced By Bangladesh] 16. Mrs. Officer (feat. Bobby Valentino) [produced By Wyclef Jean] 17. Nothin' On Me (feat. Juelz Santana & Fabolous) [produced By Alchemist] 18. Let The Beat Build [produced By Kanye West & Deezle] 19. Don't Get It [produced By Will.i.am] 20. Eat You Alive (feat. Ludacris) [produced By Just Blaze] 21. Staring At The World [produced By Maestro]
sohh.com boards....Dinnertime and Eat You Alive are different...in Dinnertime Lil Wayne names names like Gillie and Cassidy and doesn't use autotune....on Eat You Alive he does use autotune and him and Luda say something about how the lions aren't the real king of the jungle —Preceding unsigned comment added by Straight Face (talk • contribs) 04:24, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
Although I like that tracklist better then the other one the confirmation isnt from an offcial site, its just some guy saying he has the inside scoop and "his people" confirmed it. I do hope it is right thoughThabigQ (talk) 05:54, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
this might be real but why would Wyclef produce a Bobby V track and there are to many tracks on her, it would go over the time limit, but we will just have to wait and see.
---Piazzajordan2 11:00, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
Nevermind It's Another Fake
According to Maestro:
COOL AND DRE DID NOT PRODUCE 3 PEAT!!! I DID!!!! hahaha, and for the record, 3 peat was done BEFORE i'm me, but wayne wanted to save it for the album, so he put 'i'm me" and my other song 'kush' on the leak album, which btw is gonna be sold along with the carter as a special edition. Basically, i can tell you that this list is WAAAY off as far as content and producer credits. Last i heard, just blaze wasnt on the album at all. And #21 was a song i did for currency. A cat named D. Smith wrote and produced 'shoot me down" and 'phone home' is by cool & dre. If those things are wrong, i can only imagine how much else is effed up, lol
No link... unless you are Maestro which I am doubting.
Problems with the tracklist.
Maestro did to 3peat but maybe the source got it mixed up. and its missing the betty wright featuring...but aside from that I think it looks pretty legit actually.
Problems with the supposed maestro comment:
"Staring at the World" was for wayne, blender confirmed that. He Stated that he did "IM ME" but DJ Nasty did.
I think it looks pretty legit, specially the young money a milli remix.
Said to be final, looks real also.
01. 3 Peat (Produced By Cool & Dre)
02. Mr. Carter (Featuring Jay-Z) (Produced By Just Blaze)
03. A Milli (Produced By Bangladesh)
04. Gotta Stunt (Produced By The Runners)
05. Got Money (Featuring T-Pain) (Produced By Play-n-skillz)
06. Dinnertime (Produced By Deezle)
07. Comfortable (Featuring Babyface) (Produced By Kanye West)
08. Phone Home (Produced By David Banner)
09. Dr. Carter (Produced By Swizz Beatz)
10. Tie My Hands (Featuring Robin Thicke) (Produced By Kanye West)
11. Shoot Me Down (Produced By Kanye West)
12. Playin’ With Fire (Produced By Streetrunner)
13. Lollipop (Featuring Static Major) (Produced By Jim Jonsin & Deezle)
14. La La (Featuring Brisco & Busta Rhymes) (Produced By David Banner)
15. Beat The Block (Produced By Bangladesh)
16. Mrs. Officer (Featuring Bobby Valentino) (Produced By Wyclef Jean)
17. Nothin’ On Me (Featuring Juelz Santana & Fabolous) (Produced By Alchemist)
18. Let The Beat Build (Produced By Kanye West & Deezle)
19. Don’t Get It (Produced By Will.i.am)
20. Eat You Alive (Featuring Ludacris) (Produced By Just Blaze)
21. Staring At The World (Produced By Maestro)
22. A Milli (Young Money Remix) (Featuring Tyga, Hurricane Chris, Lil’ Mama, Cory Gunz & Lil’ Chuckee) (Bonus Track)
The Carter III hits shelves June 10th.
Again I really hope this is right, but look at the link...
The word RUMORS is in the link.
- Odd, everywhere I look I see that Got Money is produced by Play-n-skillz, yet after Wayne's final verse, you can clearly hear him mumble/growl "Deezle." I'm fairly certain that the producer is indeed Deezle, and not Play-n-skillz. Just my opinion, though. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 22:46, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
- Scratch that, I was thinking of You Ain't Got Nuthin On Me. My mistake. :p
I agree that i think this tracklisting is not the real one, but its the only one with a source we have so far. Once we can get a reliable source for the 17 track tracklisting or it leaks i will immediately change it. (Ba11innnn (talk) 19:51, 29 May 2008 (UTC))
I always thought the tracklist was fake, it looks they just looked here on wiki n da 17 song tracklist n mixed them together cuz it has the exact producers n all from here. Anyways I think, according to the "leak" that the songs from at&t are the officials.188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:44, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
@oneandonly: the tracklisting on amazon isnt real either. the tracks on there dont match the length on the supposed leaked cd and cd case. the only tracklisting im going by right now is the one Tri's been updating, until we get an official source to tell us the real one. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Novabaseball55 (talk • contribs) 11:48, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
Official Track listing I think is here -----> http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/nl/-/EUR/BOL_DisplayProductInformation-Start?BOL_OWNER_ID=1000004006136151&Section=MUSIC&lgl=1&plid=ANKR5Jse 30 second snippets of the album
Got Money Confirmed
We need to edit the tracklisting again...
actually, the place where it leaked has said that there will are only 16 songs and the rest are bonus tracks, so there would be no need to change the tracklist —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:59, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
A Milli Remix
Is this a real song, cuz it was in the fake tracklist, it was never really confirmed (Wayne only said Milli skits, not a whole song). So is it real or not???--Lilboogie (talk) 18:31, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
- Truth be told, I've no idea. The reference citing it gives no mention of the track, so it should probably be removed.
- On a different note, I've given the majority of Tha Carter III a listen, and I must say I'm relieved the album has reaffirmed my confidence in Lil Wayne. I've yet to hear all of "Mrs. Officer," "Tie My Hands," "La La," and "Playin with Fire," but from what I've sampled, the album is indeed a classic. With that said, I can't wait for the album to drop so I can buy it and give it a few spins. ^^ —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 18:43, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Lets Not Forget
Lollipop remix is already for sale on itunes so no its not that.
Make A table for the Cut Tracks and Dont Forget To Add "Gotta Stunt"
No need for that, because they is over 100 tracks to name a few (La La, I Know the Future, Prostitute) which i'm saying that 'cause those were all the possible tracks. What I mean is we know about thousands of possible Carter 3 tracks.
---Piazzajordan2 02:01, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Deluxe edition and tha carter III
i believe that the 16 leaked songs are the ones that going to be on he deluxe edition. the real carter are goin to have the songs that are missing plus some alternatives for got money, 3 peat, dr. carter, mr carter. i think that lil wayne intentionally let this leak on purpose so u gay ass leakers would focus on that. wayne is smart. what u guys need to do is just pre order tha carter III and find out when u get it. supposely that the real carter is goin to have a diferent cover. think about it theres two cds. we probaly just have the deluxe. why the fuck would he put the old leak songs that he already put that out on christmas. "Thats not good business"
You put up a good point, but it has even been announced that the "DJ's" leaked this, and Wayne's pissed. But Comfortable was leaked about a year ago from now, and Nuthin' on Me was leaked awhile ago to but he changed it around. But I don't like the cover neither. I hope he dose something different but I like the message in Don't Get It with Al Sharpton (off-topic). JUNE 10TH.
---Piazzajordan2 04:02, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Yeah but there hasnt even been an official grouprip and itunes dosnt have the oficial tracklist either. I think there has to be more to come, i also think that dj's only leaked some to show that they can mess wit ll wayne...lets just hope there is more to come Trimy67 (talk) 05:28, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
gotta stunt. http://www.zshare.net/audio/12929485ae1ad666/ the dude might be right. the 16 tracks that were leaked were probably just the deluxe edition. there is no dought that gotta stunt is on the carter III. So where is it on the leak track list? no where because thats the deluxe edition. waynes probably mad cuz the dj's put his deluxe edition. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:36, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
I honestly think if iTunes dosent put the track list up tommorrow we take it off.
---Piazzajordan2 09:48, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Something to think about
CARTER III Itunes tracklist tomorrow. AND...add up the times for all the 16 tracks that leaked off the carter III. it adds up to 84min and something seconds. that exceeds what they are saying is on Disc one.
Track Listing for first disc is wrong, last track is mistitled and its missing one track, all correct track listing information is on amazon.com as the citation for the current track listing is (leaving me confused as to why its wrong but whateever). —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:22, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
People, the current tracklisitng is incorrect, Itunes has not released an offical tracklisting. So until itunes release an official tracklisitng, it would be smart to take down the current one as it is not official. Trimy67 (talk) 23:48, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Just Blaze produced "Mr. Carter"
Just Blaze produced Mr. Carter with Weezy and Hov' which makes this track THAT much special. Not this other clown. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Gennwsx09 (talk • contribs) 02:54, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
Why is the current tracklist not the real one? It perfectly matches the one on the leaked image and its the only tracklist from store sites that has previews for each song. So why not?--Lilboogie (talk) 10:28, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
It is the real one, some people just don't want to accept that. How the hell can a track listing be changed when the albums have already been pressed and shipped? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Straight Face (talk • contribs) 13:36, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
You Ain't Got Nuthin'
Someone should make a wiki for it. according to iTunes it's the fourth single. http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=281436846&s=143441 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:01, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
- I absoloutely agree; I actually said the same thing somewhere up this page. He clearly growls "Deezle." —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 21:26, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
After lil waynes second verse I heard another verse done by someone else that isnt bobby valentino or lil wayne. Also is it going to be a single because on bobby valentinos page under featured singles it says Mrs. Officer.
- It's just Bobby Valentino talking. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 19:24, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
--Piazzajordan2 21:04, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
Is the carter 3 going to be delayed
It was leaked and all the other times it was leaked it was delayed. A while back someone had posted on tha carter III page that it was going to be delayed but it was taken off. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:59, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
No, it wont be delayed because i live in Europe and i pre-ordered it on Amazon.de and they are already readying my article for shipping today because in Europe the release date is June 6th. So, no it wont be delayed.
Good Girl Gone Bad....?
Shoot me down
I think only Lollipop, a milli and got money should be on there because they're has only been one video released and I don't think Nuthin' on Me or Mr. Carter will be a single...now.
---Piazzajordan2 22:37, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- The fact of the matter is, they were all released as singles, and yet only "Lollipo" has a video. Seeing as there has been no word from Wayne's camp, to assume that airplay & video release alone determine the singles would mean that "A Milli," "Got Money, "You Ain't Got Nuthin," and "Mr. Carter" would all have to be removed from the singles list. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 01:29, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
- That's a good point. D: I suppose the 2nd 'official single' will indeed be the one with the video and airplay release. Until then, I say we leave it as is.
- http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003813464 ... says the "Got Money" video will get started on in 2 weeks. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:43, 6 June 2008 (UTC)Russo
- I think they're will be a video like Got Money/A Milli you know like Love Me No More/Byrd Gang Money or Shorty Wanna Ride/Stomp.
--Piazzajordan2 14:06, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
If you type in the titles of tha carter III songs and hit enter and then look under artists after you get the results you see lil wayne. You cant scroll down and find the songs though. If you type in some of the other cut tracks like gotta stunt it wont come up with his name but will on all the other song names on the tracklisting
Can someone put these Professional Reviews on Tha Carter 3 article?
Urb.com Gives tha carter 3 a 4.5 out of 5 http://www.urb.com/reviews/cd/feature.php?ReviewId=671 HHNLive.con Gives Carter 3 4.5 out five http://www.hhnlive.com/reviews/more/201 Exclusive Revolution Gives Carter 3 4 stars out of five http://exclusiverevolution.com/?p=90 Writer Block Media Gives Carter 3 4 out of 5 http://writersblockmedia.net/2008/06/02/res-tha-carter-iii-review/ Rolling stone has given it a 4.5 out of 5 http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/21080575/review/21127308/tha_carter_iii?source=album_reviews_rssfeed Los Angeles times gives it a 3 out of 4 —Preceding unsigned comment added by JohnArriola (talk • contribs) 21:33, 9 June 2008 (UTC) Thats all the reviews i have for now but can someone please post them up cause I have no idea how to lol —Preceding unsigned comment added by JohnArriola (talk • contribs) 21:56, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
They cant because it hasn't came out yet!
well urb.com is very legit, i don't know about the other sides. the album has leaked, and the version that leaked seems to be what the urb review is reviewing. they either got an advance or are reviewing the leak. Iamnobody2 (talk) 17:11, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
I know they're samples for Mr. Carter, Let the Beat Build and phone home. Somebody needs to find them. --Piazzajordan2 16:55, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I can't help you with that, but... on a side note, I found a video of a song on youtube. The title claims the song is "Whip It," but I'm not convinced. If it was true, it would've been all over the internet, yet this is my first hearing of the track. I believe Lil Wayne is only a feature on the song, but hey... check it out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K9OUSNMiSTk
- Someone said it's old as hell, it sounds like new Lil Wayne. But I don't think it is Whip It.
--Piazzajordan2 20:31, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I thought as much. :/ "Whip It" & "Beat the Block" sounded like very interesting tracks; it's disappointing that it hasn't hit the internet long enough for me to hear it. I suppose it'll end up on a bonus disc or mixtape sometime late, perhaps. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 22:38, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- The song "Comfortable" samples either Alicia Keys's "You Don't Know My Name" or the song that Alicia sampled for her song which is the Main Ingredient's "Let Me Prove My Love to You." Listen to "Comfortable" and "You Don't Know..." and note the similarities between the end of "You don't Know..." and the main music melody for "comfortable." I have not heard the Main Ingredient song, so I am not sure if the sample in question originally came from them or not, but Alicia sampled them somewhere in "You Don't Know My Name."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Don%27t_Know_My_Name refers to this, as does "The diary of Alicia Keys" liner notes I believe. Knightryder2 (talk) 16:46, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
http://www.musicane.com/splash/main/Lil+Wayne/Tha+Carter+III ... look at the last track on the site, "Don't Get It." Isn't this an official Universal Records site? Lil Wayne released the rights to musicane so people could pay for a digital download of the Carter III, so I think this is legit. Just curious about the last track ...
To get to it, just hit the "play" button on the album cover and scroll to the bottom. Also, x off the countdown thing ...
Sorry, thought the final track only had the title "Misunderstood"
STOP CHANGING THE PRODUCTION CREDITS
I have the REAL CD and I can tell you all right now Kanye aint produce "Tie My Hands" Robin Thicke did nor did he produce "Shoot Me Down" D. Smith did. will.i.am aint produce "DontGetIt" some guys named Rodnae and Mousa did. Wyclef aint produce "Mrs. Officer" Deezle did. "Mr. Carter" was produced by Andrews "Drew" Correa and Infamous. STOP CHANGING THE PRODUCERS!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Straight Face (talk • contribs) 06:22, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Straight Face, if you want to rant and act like a child, it's up to you. You should know that the production credits will continue to be changed until you provide a ref. Besides, the CD drops tomorrow. Once it does, reliable references will be all over the web. It's nothing to get upset about; you should just relax. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tri-Edge (talk • contribs) 17:06, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
I am not trying to get into this, but Straight Face is correct. No need to get angry tho, it comes out tomorrow and we will know exact. You got to understand that you need a ref to make changes and Tri-Edge is right, we will know tomorrow. (Ba11innnn (talk) 02:32, 10 June 2008 (UTC))
UK Bonus Tracks?
Will there be any UK bonus tracks? Because I heard a rumor that the song originally known as "Lights, Camera, Action", or "Showtime" will be a bonus track and it won't feature anyone and will be called "Action". The song samples I'm So Hood by DJ Khaled. SE KinG (talk) 18:45, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
--Piazzajordan2 03:38, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
it also samples "Pussy Poppin" by Ludacris
--Piazzajordan2 04:12, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
Mrs. Officer Features!
I think somebody should add "Kidd Kidd from Squad Up" as a feature on Mrs. Officer on the Carter 3 Tracklist. I mean he is not noted on the back cover on the CD but he is rapping on the third verse. If you dont believe me listen to the CD again, he raps on the third verse and clearly says: "My Name Is Kidd Kidd". And i know that Kidd Kidd is from Squad Up, they were once signed to Young Money. So, if somebody could do that then that would be appreciated. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:34, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
I tried, and got reverted, sorry.
--Piazzajordan2 03:27, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Should we remove the "Collaborators" section since the album got released?
--Piazzajordan2 03:27, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Al Sharpton controversy
Last night when I listened to some pretty nasty things in the final song that were said about Al Sharpton. Does anyone no why these things were said and has Al Sharpton taken the comments seriously? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:28, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, i added that in the here, a few weeks ago when I first heard the track, he will probably respond later i honestly don't care. But yeah, you put up an interesting point there.
--Piazzajordan2 02:49, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
Let the Beat Build's Samples
>> "Let the Beat Build" Drums by longtime Wayne producer/engineer Deezle, ethereal soul sample by Kanye West. Structured something like Coldplay's "The Scientist," which is to say we start with nothing but melody for about 8 bars, and then 808 drum sounds are introduced glacially: high hats for four bars, high hats and snares for the next four, and so on, so that the song revs up in an excitingly disjointed, slow motion way.
It says it samples the Coldplay track.  You can read it there too.
--Piazzajordan2 14:24, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Mrs. Officer -- Single???
--Piazzajordan2 21:26, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
I would put this on the main page but I know u freaks would delete it because I don't know how to cite it. But on this website, http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/accessatlanta/MusicScene/entries/2008/06/13/lil_wayne_surpassing_big_usher.html It says it sold 423,000 copies in the first day. I think that should be on this page. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Lil' Rad (talk • contribs) 17:25, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Did he sell 220,117 copies his 3rd week or 209,000? Can someone verify which one is correct in terms with the other weeks? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:44, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
We HAVE to do something about all these singles
I think we should just keep Lollipop and Got Money on there. You Ain't Got Nuthin was just a teezer track. Mr. Carter will probably never be a single, (think Jay and Wayne in a video, too expensive). I just think Lollipop and Got Money should stay on there. A Milli is an old song to me, and probably to everyone else to me.
--Piazzajordan2 18:28, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- As my most recent edit summary notes... "Per Universal Records, there have been no OFFICIAL single releases, other than the two noted here (Lollipop and Got Money)." A Milli is a record that mixers and selected programmers have chosen to play, to this point. It has not been officially serviced to radio for adds yet. --InDeBiz1 (talk) 23:46, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
On the 10th Wayne was on TRL talking about his next single and/or video to be released and he commented that the only single is Lollipop. With that said the only single that should be listed is Lollipop. GhNike034 (talk) 23:52, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Also, I will say just if has charted anywhere, or has been released to iTunes dose not mean it is official. Have you ever went to Wal Mart or K-Mart and saw them sell A Milli or Got Money, i've seen Lollipop there. I think as GhNike034 said the only single listed should be Lollipop.
--Piazzajordan2 00:03, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- No, both Lollipop and Got Money are official singles right now. Lollipop was the lead, obviously, and Got Money went for radio adds toward the end of May.. I want to say the 27th? Trust me on this one... This is what I do for a living, programming a CHR/Rhythmic radio station. There are two official singles out there right now. --InDeBiz1 (talk) 18:15, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Diddy calls it a classic
Should we add that in there? http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=2700
--Piazzajordan2 19:03, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
No. Anything that is called is a "classic" can be debated. And Diddy isn't exactly the designator of the title "classic." Let the album, it sales, and relevance in time speak for itself 22.214.171.124 (talk) Russo —Preceding comment was added at 21:55, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
Links to Album Sales sources
This page has two links that contradict each other The first is for U.S. Sales which says The Carter has sold 1,316,000 copies, while the United world Chart link says the album has sold 1,046,000 copies worldwide, how can his worldwide sales be less then his U.S. sales (United world chart counts U.S. billboard sales) I'm going to change the figure seeing as the source for the latter is more credible. PhoenixPrince (talk) 08:19, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
Credits from the booklet
links for the booklet scans:
sampled in let the beat build
- I listened to that on iTunes, the beat is sorta similar but I posted something earlier on here talking about the Coldplay sample.
- Coldplay wasn't sampled. :| They were just talking about how the song structure is similar. LegendaryXM90 (talk) 21:38, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
Oh well nevermind then. But its all good. I think their is a sample in all the tracks on C3.
- Nah, not all of 'em. Tracks like 3 Peat, Got Money, and Lollipop don't have samples. Funny that you say that, because You Ain't Got Nuthin' is the biggest sample of all. It sampled a whole half of a song. XD (Gangsta Walk by Fab and Cassidy) Oh BTW, thanks for telling us the sample Lilboogie. I just downloaded the song, and slapped it in Audacity, cut it up, and I have my very own Let The Beat Build. :P Without the drums of course. XD LegendaryXM90 (talk) 21:43, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
- Doesn't Phone Home sample ET?
- Gangsta Walk came out way before You Ain't Got Nuthin'. :| LegendaryXM90 (talk) 20:11, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
Carter III sales
3 bonus tracks
I got C3 the day it came out and it did not list "Mrs. Officer", "Let the Beat Build" and "Playing with Fire" on the back tracklisting and someone on her (i forgot who) posted the album credits and it had those 3 tracks on it and the version i bought i had a little slip with those tracks. Does anyone know if the later copies did not list that?
Damn, i got it on the opening day and i had those 3 tracks on the CD but i got the deluxe edition. Thats propably why i had those.
The Source rating
Somebody needs to find a source for it, and add it in the box.
- Still. Someone needs to find it.
Mrs. Officer is the ... wtf FOURTH single?
This is highly messed up. How the hell is it a single, let alone the 4th, when it doesn't even have like ... COVER ART yet or anything? If anything, it should be the SIXTH single after Mr. Carter (4th) and You Ain't Got Nuthin (5th), both of which DO have cover art and have already been released as digital downloads on iTunes.
Your wrong, I've heard Mr.Carter on the radio twice. Mr.Carter Is a single, now as for You Ain't Got Nothing that was released by itunes to promote the album. --Soulja nyn3 (talk) 13:57, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
Mrs. Officer is labeled as a bonus track on my version of the CD from Target, and bonus tracks do not make singles. Besides Mrs. Officer is one of the worst tracks on Tha Carter III, would be a bad choice for Wayne. SE KinG (talk) 20:23, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
- It was already mentioned that it's gonna be Wayne's 4th single. Iwas the one who put up the single, according to this source: Lil Wayne's Next Single Announced As "Mrs. Officer". Strangely, the source I got the information from mentions "Lollipop" and "A Milli" as the album's singles. However, we know that "Got Money" is the album's 3rd single. Anyway, "Mr. Carter" and "You Ain't Got Nothing" are just iTunes singles to promote the album, no official singles for the album. They did, however, receive radio play. Like the "Lollipop Remix", it did also get radio play but it's not a single either. Debate all you want but unless you can provide sources claiming "Mr. Carter" and "You Ain't Nothing" are official singles, "Mrs. Officer" is the album's 4th single. --Esanchez(Talk 2 me or Sign here) 21:18, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
I also tend to hear "Comfortable" and "3 Peat" on the radio too.
- Take a look at this. Songs that have charted because of radio play. --Esanchez(Talk 2 me or Sign here) 01:38, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
Also look at the reference, it's a blog site. Aren't blog sites supposed to be un-reliable references?
"The Deezle-produced "Mrs. Officer" will hit airwaves this week from the platinum-selling Carter III album"
- I always hear it on the radio (WPGC 93.9 in DC), it is on their countdowns and everything.
Dr. Carter Sample AGAIN
The sample used is Holy Thursday, also by David Axelrod. The Smile is not the sample. Listen to the two songs. Holy Thursday is the exact track you hear in the background of Dr. Carter. It is virtually unchanged. Please stop changing it. LegendaryXM90 (talk) 18:08, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
Ok, obviously, people aren't believing me because I don't have SOURCES BAWWWW. Here's the sources. >_> MY EARS.
Dr. Carter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Wq6vZG4dg
The Smile (WRONG SAMPLE LISTED): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wODX_-UduAc <-- Somebody in the comments even said that Dr. Carter is basically Holy Thursday's first 55 seconds chopped up.
Holy Thursday (THE CORRECT SAMPLE): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h04Tc-WzvUk
Listen to the first & third. Can you not see that they're the exact same thing?!?! LegendaryXM90 (talk) 20:29, 11 August 2008 (UTC) Holy Thursday and The Smile have part in Dr. Carter so just chill. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:40, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, I said that the sample info was misspelled, I think it's fine. Daniil Maslyuk (talk) 03:57, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
Talk page guidelines
I strongly urge all editors on this page to review the talk page guidelines. There have been numerous threads on this page detailing where one can go to download certain tracks, which is a violation of Wikipedia policies ("Wikipedia is not file-sharing website"). Also, there have been numerous threads that have started as / turned into nothing more than a discussion of editors' personal feelings about the album, rather than a discussion on how the article may be improved ("Wikipedia is not a fan site"). Please keep any further discussion on-topic to this page's purpose, which is a place to discuss improvements to the article. Winger84 (talk) 21:18, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Under the "Track listing" section, track 12:
"Lollipop" (featuirng Static Major)
"Lollipop" (featuring Static Major)
What I Think..
I think we should make an article for each song on the album.
Because on most so-called classic cd's on here (Illmatic, some others...) they have that. And songs like 3 Peat and Comfortable have charted on a chart. And also, Mrs. Officer, Mr. Carter and You Ain't Got Nuthin have pages with sources. And also, Don'tGetIt has a whole lot of messages which would be suitable for an article. Dr. Carter was recognized as the best song off the album, and the sample controversy (Holy Thursday, The Smile). Which Playing with Fire got Wayne sued. La La has a version with David Banner. So that could be a good idea for the article. I know you get what I'm saying, i think. But what do you think? --Piazzajordan2 (Talk.) 02:42, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Being a "classic" (=POV) is not a good reason why we should have an article for every song of this album. If all these songs were to meet our policy for notability of songs, then yes, we could do that. By the way, most of the songs from Illmatic should not have a separate article, rather be merged back to Illmatic. By the way, Tha Carter III is miles away from being a classic, at least to me. Even I can come up with lines like "Fly in da beetle-juice beetle-juice beetle-juice", "Cause I'm colder than y'all/But I will never I will never I will never fall" or "I suck a pussy fuck a pussy/Leave it well" (from Mr. Carter). Do U(knome)? yes...or no 04:03, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
- Tomorrow I am going to make articles for "3 Peat" and "Playing with Fire".
Did David Banner produce Lisa Marie
- How do you know?
I added The Source rating
With a camera phone pic. It took a while.