Talk:The Coming of Atlas
|WikiProject Comics / DC Comics / Superman||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Character & arc
Before one or the other of these articles is deleted in favor of a redirect, please discuss the merger.
The move was undone because it jettisoned the bulk of the story arc article, including the sources.
- Hmmmm - a bit confusing. The story arc was moved and the character info inserted . I don't think there is enough on the character to produce a well rounded article without the information from this story arc and we previously merged Orion (comics) with an article on his mini-series (Emperor (talk) 13:54, 2 August 2008 (UTC))
- Actually, it looked more like the standing article (story arc) was all but gutted and the character plunked in.
- And this a bit of a reverse of the Orion situation. There the character and series were both notable, but with a fair amount of overlap. Merging provided a larger and, ideally, more stable article with real world context. Here, the character is all but non-notable — 2 appearance in 30 years prior to the arc and a cameo in Kingdom Come. The article is going to default info focusing on the Superman story arc.
- That does bring up two things though:
- I think, and this may be a good idea for all of the arc/story articles, that there should be a "Principle characters" section. Both to give an overview of the characters' roles in the story, but also to provide an overview for the characters that don't warrant separate articles.
- Do we really need an article for every current story arc for all the "profile" characters and teams? Some are important — "R.I.P", "Blackest Night", "Brand New Day". Some are boarder line — "Superman and the Legion". The rest are just "the current story" — this one, "Braniac", "Old Man Logan", the X-Men "event" cycles. The last set really don't rise to needing articles.
- - J Greb (talk) 14:45, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
In revisiting this to covert the infobox, I noticed something...
The story title is "The Coming of Atlas" not "Atlas". Should we move the article?