Talk:The Life and Death of 9413: a Hollywood Extra
|The Life and Death of 9413: a Hollywood Extra has been listed as a Media and drama good article under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do, and if it no longer meets these criteria, it can be reassessed.
Review: March 8, 2016. ( ).
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:The Life and Death of 9413: a Hollywood Extra/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
I am about to start the review, full disclosure I am aWiki Cup and a GA Cup participant. If anyone would like to reciprocate I have my own GAN (Mexican National Trios Championship) needing a review and a Feature Article (CMLL World Heavyweight Championship) and Feature List (Mexican National Light Heavyweight Championship) candidates in need of input. Not that it's a factor in my GA review. I usually provide my feedback in portions over a day or so, so don't be surprised if I keep popping in with stuff for a while. 04:27, 4 March 2016 (UTC)
The GA tools provided usually provide a good place to start, so let's hit all those first.
- Peer Review
- Per Wikipedia:Manual of Style (numbers), there should be a non-breaking space - between a number and the unit of measurement. For example, instead of 35 mm, use 35 mm, which when you are editing the page, should look like: 35 mm.
- It is indicating that there may be weasel words in the article, as I review the article I will take a closer look at these.
- Copyright violations tool
- Reports as "Unlikely"
- Disambiguation Links
- External links
We're off to a promising start.
All look good, reliable and correctly formatted. I do have a question since I am not familiar with the movie article standards, is it normal and acceptable to not source the plot section ? 16:02, 4 March 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for doing the review! Yes, per WP:FILMPLOT: "Since films are primary sources in their articles, basic descriptions of their plots are acceptable without reference to an outside source." — Hunter Kahn 02:31, 5 March 2016 (UTC)
- I thought that might be the case, thank you for confirming. I will be continuing the review now then.
Appears to all have the appropriate licenses and are all free due to age and copyright rules.
- "Finally he dies" - comma after "finally" I believe
- Is camerawork one word?
- I believe it is, actually.
- "at failing to achieve theirs dreams" = "their dreams"
- Oops. LOL Fixed.
- "shot in 35 mm film" - not sure if this is a common way to phrase it but I would have thought it would be "on 35 mm film"?
- I think you're right. Changed.
- "45 sets were build in" - use the word "built"
- Oops again. LOL Changed.
- "into squares, while Vorkapić" - does not need the comma
- I've removed the comma.
- "dehuminazation" should be "dehumanization"
- Fixed it.
- "Specators" should be "Spectators"
- Changed it.
- "the expressionistic manner" = "an expressionistic manner"?
- "eight musicians, and was" does not need the comma
- Removed it.
- That's all I got, which is the least amount of issues I've found during a GA review so far. Great job it's 99% there already. I am going to put this on hold for 7 days so you have time to fix it. 11:03, 5 March 2016 (UTC)
@Hunter Kahn: - After another read through I am satisfied that this meets the GA criteria. passed really good work, congratuations. 12:19, 8 March 2016 (UTC)