Talk:Vizhnitz (Hasidic dynasty)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article contains a translation of חיים מאיר הגר from he.wikipedia. (630493498 et seq.)|
Picture of imrei chaim
Attitudes towards Zionism
This section is a little irrelevant. I could find out what the Vizhnitzer Rebbe feels about Barbie Dolls, and write about it in this article. Why is what they feel about Zionism so important? Furthermore, the terms used "fiercely anti-Zionist" etc., are a little POV. What does "fiercely Anti-Zionist" mean? Also, I have heard the opposite about Vizhnitz Monsey. Is this statement verified? I am placing a "citation needed" next to the statement until it can be clarified. --Meshulam 02:44, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
- I'm looking for consensus here. If nobody says anything, I will assume that there is no objection to me erasing the mostly unverified and basically irrelevant section on Vizhnitz's attitude towards Zionism. --Meshulam 04:58, 31 August 2006 (UTC)
What are you questioning? Zionism is defined in my dictionary as: Zionism >noun a movement for the development and protection of a Jewish nation in Israel. -DERIVATIVES Zionist >noun & >adjective.
Zion (also Sion) >noun 1 the hill of Jerusalem on which the city of David was built. 2 the Jewish people or religion. 3 (in Christian thought) the heavenly city or kingdom of heaven. -ORIGIN Hebrew.
- Choosed, it is improper to change an editor's edit in the talk page. You can debate with it, or change it if it is vandalism. But you cannot change the commenty from "Barbie Dolls" to "toy cars" just because you like that example better. More importantly, if the measure of relevance is that the subject has something to do with religion, then there would literally be no end to the amount of unverified and only tangentially relevant stuff being put into these articles. That is to say nothing for the fact that the statement's literally were not verified (or likely verifiable). --Meshulam 17:00, 1 January 2007 (UTC)
they are not particular anti Zionism
please delete the category, they are like all Hasidim being isolated and not pro and not particular opposed to anything new but indeed isolated, it has nothing to do in particular with Zionism at all.--יודל 14:18, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
- Especially Vizhnitz-Monsey is known as being even more virulently anti-Zionist than Satmar. --Eidah 14:38, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
- The leader in monsey isn't at all anti just Zionism he is anti everything modern new and contemporary. nothing related to Zionism in particular like the satmars--יודל 15:14, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
what's the point of the different colors on the links? they make me nervous.--Yeshivish 05:04, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
- Get a life! They show clearly the branches of the dynasty (Seret, Bnei Brak and Monsey). And they aren't links. gut yomtov! --Redaktor 18:17, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
Hello. Is there anything that indicates, that the Vishnitzer Rebbes qualify as "Grand Rabbis" or "Grand Rebbes"? If not, they have to be downsized to rabbis and rebbes. ajnem (talk) 11:28, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
- Done. The word "Grand" was removed on 13:41, 30/Aug/10 by Ajnem. -- -- -- 02:00, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
File:Israel Hager of Vizhnitz.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Israel Hager of Vizhnitz.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests May 2012
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
To take part in any discussion, or to review a more detailed deletion rationale please visit the relevant image page (File:Israel Hager of Vizhnitz.jpg)