Posters on Tayibe village walls after the 2006 Lebanon War
|Grid position||198/297 PAL|
|Elevation||660 m (2,170 ft)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Alternate name||Et Tayibe|
|Location||2 kilometres (1.2 mi) south of the Litani River|
|Archaeologists||Louis Dubertret and Jacques Cauvin|
In 1875, Victor Guérin found here a village with 800 Metualis. He further noted: "Its principal mosque, now in ruins, is built of superb blocks, apparently ancient. It contains in the interior several monolithic columns."
In 1881, the Palestine Exploration Fund's Survey of Western Palestine (SWP) noted here: "There are several sarcophagi and cisterns in the village ; some caves near." They further described it as: "A large well-built village, built of stone, containing about 600 Metawileh and 400 Moslems. The Caimacam has a good house here. There are some figs and olives round the village and arable land; water is supplied from a spring and two birkets."
- Palmer, 1881, p. 33
- Moore, A.M.T. (1978). The Neolithic of the Levant. Oxford University, Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis. pp. 444–446.
- L. Copeland; P. Wescombe (1966). Inventory of Stone-Age Sites in Lebanon: North, South and East-Central Lebanon, p. 53. Impr. Catholique. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- Guérin, 1880, pp. 268-269
- Guérin, 1880, pp. 268-269; as given in Conder and Kitchener, 1881, SWP I, p. 139
- Conder and Kitchener, 1881, SWP I, p. 139
- Conder and Kitchener, 1881, SWP I, p. 90
- HRW, 2007, p. 131
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 1. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Guérin, Victor (1880). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 3: Galilee, pt. 2. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale.
- HRW (2007). Why They Died: Civilian Casualties in Lebanon During the 2006 War. Human Rights Watch.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.