Teige-an-Duna MacCarthy (Irish: Tadhg an Duna Mac Carthaigh) (1584 – 24 May 1649), Lord of Glean-na-Chroim, was the last hereditary Prince of the Dunmanway branch of the MacCarthy Reagh dynasty of Carbery "who exercised the rights of his position." He was Prince from 1618 to 1648, dying the following year on 24 May 1649. He was also known as Teige the Hospicious for his great hospitality, while his epithet an Duna means "of the Fortress".
He was the son of Eleanor, daughter of Rory MacSheehy, and Teige-an-Fhorsa MacCarthy ("Teige of the Forces"), Lord of Glean-na-Chroim.
Marriages and issue
Teige-an-Duna first married a daughter of Brian mac Owen Mac Sweeny of Cloghda, by whom he had 1) Teige-an-Fhorsa II MacCarthy, and 2) Dermod MacCarthy Glas, ancestor of MacCarthy Glas. He married secondly Honoria, daughter of Donal II O'Donovan, Lord of Clancahill, by Lady Joanna MacCarthy Reagh, daughter of Ellen O'Callaghan and Owen MacCarthy Reagh, 12th Prince of Carbery, by whom he had 3) Honoria, who married Owen  son of Donal of the Pipes, 13th Prince of Carbery, 4) Joan, who married Cormac MacTadhg MacCarthy, of Ballea, grandson of Sir Cormac MacTadhg, lord of Muscry, 5) Eoghan, and 6) Ceallaghan, living in Dunmanway Castle with his mother in 1652.
- Irish Pedigrees: MacCarthy Glas (#122)
- O'Donovan, p. 2490
- MacCarthy Duna
- ancestor of MacCarthy Reagh of Spring House, and Counts of Toulouse, France
- MacCarthy Reagh, Prince of Carbery (#121)
- MacCarthy Duna of Ballyneadig and Lyradane
- Butler, W.F.T., "The Barony of Carbery", in of the Cork Historical and Archaeological Society Volume X, Second Series. 1904. pp. 1–10, 73–84.
- Lyons, J., and H. W. Gillman, "Togher Castle and District, County Cork", in Journal of the Cork Historical and Archaeological Society, Volume I, Second Series. 1895. pp. 481–97
- O'Donovan, John (ed. and tr.), Annala Rioghachta Eireann. Annals of the Kingdom of Ireland by the Four Masters, from the Earliest Period to the Year 1616. 7 vols. Royal Irish Academy. Dublin. 1848–51. 2nd edition, 1856. Volume VI, appendix, MacCarthy of Dunmanway, pp. 2483–93
- O'Hart, John, Irish Pedigrees. Dublin: James Duffy and Co. 5th edition, 1892.
|Lord of Glean-na-Chroim
Teige-an-Fhorsa II MacCarthy (nominal)