|This article does not cite any references (sources). (October 2012)|
|Type||Public Grandes écoles|
|33, and more than 60 outside speakers (October 2009)|
|Students||250 (january 2011)|
|Campus||Campus Aiguillettes (Villers-lès-Nancy)|
The School of Engineering in Information Technology TELECOM Nancy (formerly Ecole Superieure D'informatique Et Applications De Lorraine or ESIAL) is a public school of engineering created in 1990 within the Université de Lorraine (Université Henri Poincaré). TELECOM Nancy is a school associated to the Institut Mines-Télécom. It is the only school of generalised engineering studies in IT and digital sciences and technologies accredited by the Commission des Titres de l’Ingénieur (CTI - Engineer Qualification Committee) in the Greater East of France.
TELECOM Nancy is aimed at producing engineers well-versed in the principles of computing science and automation, expert at integrating computing hardware and software into their products : information systems engineering, networking engineering, software engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering. Studies are organized into four possible themes and students (at the end of the first common year) have to choose a field they want to learn more :
- IL - Ingénierie Logicielle Software engineering
- SIE - Systèmes d'Information d'Entreprise (Enterprise Information Systems)
- TRS - Télécommunications, Réseaux et Systèmes / Services Telecommunication
- LE - Logiciels Embarqués Embedded software
- IAMD - Masse de Données Big Data
At the end of each year, TELECOM Nancy students have to do an internship in order to practise their knowledge and be part of the Working world:
- First year : a 1 month internship in a non-Computer Science field, in order to discover the every-day life in a firm.
- Second year : a 2 month internship in a computer development field.
- Third year : a 6 month Engineer internship.
Also, the third year can happen in another school, or university. You can use a few networks the school is connected to:
- ERASMUS, giving access to many school in Europe.
- CREPUQ, giving access to Canada's school.
- Or simply stay in the network of school that are partners of the Université de Lorraine, as is TELECOM Nancy.
Most of TELECOM Nancy teachers are researchers, mainly in these three laboratories:
- the LORIA (Laboratoire lorrain de recherche en informatique et ses applications), associated with the INRIA Lorraine (Institut national de recherche en informatique et en automatique) since 1986.
- the CRAN (Centre de recherche en automatique de Nancy), associated with CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique) for more than ten years.
- the IECN (Institut Élie Cartan de Nancy) associated with CNRS and the INRIA Lorraine
|This article about a university or other tertiary education institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|