- The following is an archived discussion of Birmingham (horse)'s DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by — Crisco 1492 (talk) 07:44, 24 February 2013 (UTC).
- ... that prior to its racing career, the Thoroughbred racehorse Birmingham sustained a serious injury and was initially ordered to be destroyed?
Created by Tigerboy1966 (talk). Nominated by Northamerica1000 (talk) at 23:23, 22 February 2013 (UTC).
- Article - created new on 22 February, so new enough; 10360 characters of readable prose excluding pedigree, so certainly sufficient length; neutral; no copy vios detected using earwig; not a stub, is assessed as C class.
- Hook - within length criteria at 140 characters; correctly formatted (I changed the typo of house to horse); supported by refs #7 and #8; and I certainly found it interesting.
- Not a self nom, so no QPQ required.
I've a couple of minor queries:
- 4th paragraph of background doesn't have any citations;
- image used is PD but showing a template error? I don't want to try and fix it, in case I break it, so could you have a look, please?
- I think ref #7 for the hook needs to be moved further along in the sentence?
- Very interesting article, I enjoyed reading it - and the Sporting magazine refs! SagaciousPhil - Chat 12:45, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- Hello User:Sagaciousphil. I'm seeing 3 inline citations in the 4th paragraph of the background section. I'm not seeing any template error in the image, nor when clicking through to the image (using Google Chrome). Feel free to move the inline citation for the hook further along in the sentence if you see this to be fit. Northamerica1000(talk) 18:08, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- Moved ref #7. Added citations to paragraph 4 of the Background section (still not ideal, will need lots of work if the article is to progress to be a GA contender). Froggerlaura has fixed the template error. Tigerboy1966 18:14, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- Everything looks fine now, thanks! Good luck for taking it to GA. SagaciousPhil - Chat 18:32, 23 February 2013 (UTC)