- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Yazan (talk) 02:04, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
Created/expanded by Bladeboy1889 (talk). Self nom at 16:38, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
- The fact used for the hook does not appear to be true, see Arthur Lea. I expect the mistake is on the part of the source, not the nominator, but it is a mistake nonetheless. Oldelpaso (talk) 18:49, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
- It was specifically mentioned in the United Who's Who - maybe they meant professional player or something but we can't clarify that either way. How about a different hook and I'll remove that part of the article. Maybe:
- '... that Welsh international footballer David Powell began his career employed as groundsman by Wrexham F.C....?'
- (I'd consider leaving the F.C. bit in as Wrexham don't have a club name so it indicates he was employed by the football club rather than the town.) Bladeboy1889 (talk) 08:15, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
- Age and length OK. AGF on offline source. Oldelpaso (talk) 18:03, 12 November 2012 (UTC)