- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Allen3 talk 16:31, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
Sky Movies 007 HD
Created/expanded by Paul MacDermott (talk). Self nom at 13:21, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- ALT 1: "... that in October 2012 a movie channel dedicated to the James Bond film franchise was launched to celebrate its 50th anniversary?"
- Why do we want to promote skymovies on the front page? Secretlondon (talk) 18:10, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- Not seeking to promote them. Just think it's an interesting fact. Channels dedicated to film genres are common, but one dedicated to a particular film series is unusual, so quirky enough for a DYK hook. Surely the above argument could be made about anything commercial that finds itself on the front page, such as a book, film or album, etc. Paul MacDermott (talk) 19:14, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- Article meets all DYK requirements. I think the Alt is the best way to go in case of any promotional fears. Miyagawa (talk) 14:40, 26 October 2012 (UTC)