- The following is an archived discussion of Taku Inlet's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination's (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the DYK WikiProject's (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by — Crisco 1492 (talk) 13:52, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
Created/expanded by Rosiestep (talk), Nvvchar (talk), Dr. Blofeld (talk). Nominated by Nvvchar (talk) at 03:31, 17 January 2013 (UTC)
- Length and date are good. Two issues I see - in "Geography", the phrase "a large Swiss type glacier" is used. What is the Swiss-type of glacier? This needs to be clarified. Ref # 3 needs additional citation - it's lacking the author name and publication name. From the url given I assume it is from the journal "Arctic", but it needs vol. and pg. #'s. May I suggest:
- ALT 2: ... that five glaciers empty into Alaska's Taku Inlet (pictured)?
- Short and sweet, and the original hook doesn't have much interest factor imo. This hook could be sourced to the above ref. Otherwise, looking good. The Interior (Talk) 02:31, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- I've deleted the "Swiss type glacier" sentence as I couldn't fine a source. I've tidied up the refs. --Rosiestep (talk) 05:44, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- One more problem sentence: "A complete preliminary navigational chart, to a scale of 1:10,000, has been prepared by field surveys, which had facilitated interested navigators to operate steam ships to view the glaciers"'. Confusing because I'm not sure too many steam-powered ships are plying Taku Inlet at present. The Interior (Talk) 03:00, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the review. ALT2 Hook suggested is OK. Made small changes in the above sentence in the text from "which had facilitated" to " to facilitate." I hope it satisfies the reviewer's observations.--Nvvchar. 14:32, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
- NVVchar, it was more the "steam" part I was concerned about! Thanks for the fixes, refs look good now Rosie. Tick for original hook. I still like mine, but I guess we need an outside party to tick that. The Interior (Talk) 21:39, 2 February 2013 (UTC)