Template talk:New Zealand topics
|WikiProject New Zealand / Politics / Music / Māori||(Rated Template-class)|
I think it is a very bad idea to add nowrap templates to this topic. For people with screens or browser windows less than the length of a full line, then they will have to scroll to see the full table. The exact resolution will depend on font size used, but I think even people with 1024x768 resolution will have trouble. This is very poor design, and so I have removed the templates.-gadfium 20:00, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- Never mind, I realise that the job was only half done. I've finished it.-gadfium 20:08, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
Why is fortifications in this? They're not particularly important.
Also, I'd quite like to see a 'People' line. It could include Māori - which definitely should be on here somewhere -, Pakeha/New Zealand European, Immigration to New Zealand, Demographics of New Zealand, List of New Zealanders and perhaps Samoan New Zealander, Chinese New Zealander, New Zealand nationality law, LGBT New Zealand and others. --Helenalex (talk) 03:59, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
- I agree that the fortifications are not of sufficient importance to be included.
- By all means add a "People" line. I suggest not adding individual nationalities such as Samoan New Zealander, because there is no clear point at which to say that certain nationalities are sufficiently important to be included, and others aren't. All such groups are or should be covered by Immigration to New Zealand.-gadfium 20:04, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Probably not I think. Certainly many other topics that are equally important are currently omitted (see e.g. the articles in Category:New Zealand society). --Avenue (talk) 22:31, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
Why is Palmerston North included in the list of cities? I would suggest changing the list to either only include 100,000+ cities or include all cities, because cutting it off at those points makes sense, whereas cutting it off after Palmerston North seems to me like a very arbitrary and unusual choice. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Videomaniac29 (talk • contribs) 08:57, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- It was the previous edit that added the list of cities. I have to agree that Palmy North is an unusual cut off. The editor appears to be doing a lot of work on templates, and would not appear to be from New Zealand. I suggest we simply remove Palmy North, and that leaves 100,000+ cities. Schwede66 09:12, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- I have removed Palmerston North. The only other 'cut-off' that would make sense would be to include all cities, but that would make the list become two lines, so I would suggest leaving it as it is now. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Videomaniac29 (talk • contribs) 05:10, 8 May 2013 (UTC)