Template talk:US Constitution
|WikiProject United States||(Rated Template-class)|
- 1 Interpretation section
- 2 Albany Congress
- 3 Exec priv
- 4 Overlap
- 5 "Taxing and Spending Clause"? -> "General Welfare Clause"
- 6 Preamble
- 7 Minor fixes
- 8 Remove a redirect
- 9 Edit request from Doprendek, 6 October 2010
- 10 Suggestion: Add "Property Clause" to Clauses Section
I am moving preemption to the "interpretation" section, since preemption is not a clause or concept that appears explicitly in the Constitution, but rather derives from—is an interpretation of—the Supremacy Clause. Hydriotaphia 17:14, Dec 17, 2004 (UTC)
In approximately a day, unless I hear objections, I shall remove Civil liberties of the United States from the template for several reasons.
- Most importantly, it is not a particularly informative article. It contains nothing that other articles (Freedom of speech in the United States, Equal Protection Clause, etc.) don't already have.
- I think the limited space on the Template would be better used for other articles.
- I don't think it's quite accurate to say that civil liberties are an "interpretation" of the Constitution; rather, they derive from the guarantees of specific clauses, and thus the topic is better addressed in the articles on those clauses.
I hope no one will be offended that I plan on doing this. Please let me know if you object. Best, Hydriotaphia 03:38, Dec 26, 2004 (UTC)
For the moment, however, I shall content myself with adding Incorporation (Bill of Rights) to the "intepretation" section and moving "due process"—and renaming it "Due Process Clause"—to the "Specific Clauses" section. Hydriotaphia 03:42, Dec 26, 2004 (UTC)
I have chagned 'signatures' to 'signatories', which is the title of the page it linked to, and a more desciptive word of what it links to. JiMternet 23:49, 30 Apr 2005 (UTC)
This template has a lot of overlap with Template:Infobox US Constitution. I think that infobox, at the very least, should have some actual info pertaining to each article it's used on. Possibly other changes are necessary. See Template talk:Infobox US Constitution for further discussion. —Tox 21:41, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
"Taxing and Spending Clause"? -> "General Welfare Clause"
For those of you who have watchlisted this page, you might be interested to know that "Taxing and Spending Clause" was moved to General Welfare Clause. Firstly, the former gets only 3,130 ghits and the latter gets
2,270,000 27,300. Moreover the article's own first reference supports the new name as primary, but doesn't even recognize the old one.
I've taken care of all the double redirects, but there are still dozens of single. Squee23 19:21, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
- Good; thanks. Publicola 20:03, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
Sorry that it's months later, but I've returned the General Welfare stuff back to the Taxing and Spending Clause article as the GWC is a component of the larger T/SC and can be properly explained there. Foofighter20x (talk) 04:32, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
I was going to rm the Preamble from the "Interpretation" group because it's already listed in the "Articles" group. Any particular reason why the Preamble should be listed in two groups on the same template?
— .`^) Paine Ellsworthdiss`cuss (^`. 08:39, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- I agree and have removed the second link. Skomorokh, barbarian 09:07, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- Code moved to Template:US Constitution/sandbox. — Martin (MSGJ · talk) 18:18, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- Done — Martin (MSGJ · talk) 18:18, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
I've left a version in the sandbox where the list backgrounds are fixed, the "Bill of Rights" link is absorbed into list3 and divs are used to make the lists more distinct from each other. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 11:15, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- Like what you've done with "Bill of Rights", but amendments 11-27 should be with 1-10 shouldn't they?
- Thanks. I left 11-27 on the next line as that's how they are in the current template. It might be worth keeping them that way so there's a clear break between what's now called the Bill of Rights (1-10) and the rest (11-27). People new to the topic might otherwise start confusing the two...?
- I agree that the spacing looks better on your version, but I don't think we should be doing that locally. This could be proposed on the meta-template Template:Navbox.
- — Martin (MSGJ · talk) 12:45, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
Remove a redirect
Under the amendments section, "Unsuccessful" is redirect to the page "Proposed" also links to. Eliminating that would be best and non-controversial. Outback the koala (talk) 05:30, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
Edit request from Doprendek, 6 October 2010
Remove close paren
- Nope, it's correct. It's closing the parenthetical opened with "Philadelphia Convention (". --Cybercobra (talk) 20:49, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
Suggestion: Add "Property Clause" to Clauses Section
Link to Article_Four_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Clause_2:_Federal_property_and_the_Territorial_Clause Frappyjohn (talk) 23:02, 24 January 2012 (UTC)