Tennessee's congressional districts
There are currently nine United States congressional districts in Tennessee based on results from the United States 2010 Census. There have been as few as eight and as many as thirteen congressional districts in Tennessee. The 13th district and the 12th district were lost after the 1840 Census. The 11th district was lost after the 1850 Census and the 10th district was last lost after the 1950 Census. The 9th district was briefly lost after the 1970 Census but was regained after the 1980 Census.
Current (until 2023 inauguration) districts and representatives
List of members of the Tennessean United States House delegation, their terms, their district boundaries, and the districts' political ratings according to the CPVI. The delegation has a total of 9 members, with 7 Republicans, and 2 Democrats.
|Current U.S. representatives from Tennessee |
|Republican||January 3, 2021||R+30|
|Republican||January 3, 2019||R+18|
|Republican||January 3, 2011||R+19|
|Republican||January 3, 2011||R+22|
|Democratic||January 3, 2003||D+9|
|Republican||January 3, 2019||R+26|
Mark E. Green
|Republican||January 3, 2019||R+21|
|Republican||January 3, 2017||R+19|
|Democratic||January 3, 2007||D+28|
Historical and present district boundaries
Table of United States congressional district boundary maps in the State of Tennessee, presented chronologically. All redistricting events that took place in Tennessee between 1973 and 2013 are shown.
- Southwest Territory's at-large congressional district, obsolete since statehood
- Tennessee's at-large congressional district (1796–1805; 1873–1875)
- Tennessee's 10th congressional district, obsolete since the 1950 census
- Tennessee's 11th congressional district, obsolete since the 1850 census
- Tennessee's 12th congressional district, obsolete since the 1840 census
- Tennessee's 13th congressional district, obsolete since the 1840 census
- "The National Atlas". nationalatlas.gov. Archived from the original on February 22, 2014. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- "Office of the Clerk, U.S. House of Representatives". clerk.house.gov. Retrieved 2022-01-10.
- "Introducing the 2021 Cook Political Report Partisan Voter Index". Cook Political Report. Retrieved 2022-01-10.
- "Digital Boundary Definitions of United States Congressional Districts, 1789–2012". Retrieved October 18, 2014.