He was born in Chimitelnic (today Cipăieni), in Mureş County. He graduated from the Ştefan cel Mare Military High-School in Câmpulung Moldovenesc in 1966 and from the Nicolae Bălcescu Military School of Active Officers in Sibiu as military engineer in 1969. In 1981 he graduated with degrees in History and Philosophy from the University of Bucharest. In November 1996, he earned a Ph.D. degree in military science on military history.
Oroian was an associate and assistant professor at the NCO Military Engineering School between 1977 and 1981 and at the Academy of Higher Military Studies of Bucharest between 1981 and 1994. Between 1994 and 2002 he was first officer, bureau chief and chief adjunct of Military Archivistic Service (today Military Service for Archives and Documentation). Since February 28, 2002 he is colonel in reserve.
He has published numerous studies and articles in history and military science journals. He has also authored several books and co-authored a short movie scenario.
- PhD thesis, Acţiuni militare desfăşurate de trupele române în Kuban şi Crimeea, 1943-1944, 1996
- Şefii Marelui Statului Major Român (1941–1945). Destine la răscruce, Editura Militară, Bucharest, 1995
- Petre Otu, Teofil Oroian, and Emil Ion, Personalităţi ale gândirii militare româneşti, vol. I-II, Editura Academiei de Înalte Studii Militare, Bucharest, 1997-2001. ISBN 973-97008-2-9
- Tentaţia libertăţii. Operaţiunea "Sumava" (1968) - un simplu pretext, Editura Militară, Bucharest, 1999
- Hitler - Antonescu. Caucazul şi Crimeea, Editura Paideia, Bucharest, 1999
- Colonel Petre Brătilă, Teofil Oroian, Dumitru Dobre, Personalităţi ale medicinei militare româneşti, Editura Romcartexim, Bucharest, 1999. ISBN 973-9142-69-9
- Golgota Estului (iulie 1942 - martie 1944), Editura Fundaţiei Culturale Române, Bucharest, 2000
- Teofil Oroian and Gheorghe Nicolescu, Şefii Statului Major General Român (1859–2000), Editura Europa Nova, Bucharest, 2001. ISBN 973-8158-03-6
- Comandanţi ai Corpului 7 Armată, Editura Modelism, Dej, 2001
- co-authored the scenario of the short movie Memoria Oştirii. Arhivele Militare Române, Studioul Cinematografic al Armatei, 2001
- Dosarele Istoriei, 12(88)/2003, p. 23
|This biographical article related to the military of Romania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Romanian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|