This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Associated acts||Peter Murphy, Iona|
Terl Bryant is a drummer and percussionist who has worked with a range of artists and has contributed to many critically acclaimed recordings. In his early career, he toured and recorded with US artists Steve Taylor and Peter Murphy (formerly of Bauhaus), and went on to join the influential Celtic folk-themed progressive band Iona.
Bryant lives in Sussex, England, with his wife and their six children (two girls and four boys).
Bryant returned to the UK in 1985 while touring with US artist Steve Taylor. In 1986, he joined Peter Murphy and was a member of The Hundred Men for six years and played on the albums Love Hysteria (1988), Deep (1989) and Holy Smoke (1992). In 1992 he joined Dave Bainbridge, Dave Fitzgerald and Joanne Hogg as part of Iona with which he recorded five albums including Journey into the Morn (1993).
Later in the 1990s Bryant formed "Psalm Drummers", a gathering of Christian drummers and percussionists, which he developed into an international network with several thousand members. During this period, Bryant wrote and produced the albums Psalm Drummers (Emerge 2004), Drums of Hope (One Voice 2006) and Rhythms of Fire (One Voice 2007), and wrote a book A Heart to Drum (Survivor books 2006). He acted as director for the network until 2008.
Bryant has been the percussionist for Graham Kendrick's acoustic trio since 2008, largely performing to promote the work of Compassion International. He has also toured and recorded with Sadie and the Hotheads, an Americana styled band fronted by the actress and singer/songwriter Elizabeth McGovern.
- Psalm (1995)
- Beauty... as far as the eye can see (1997) (marketed as Terl Bryant's Psalm: Beauty... as far as the Eye can see)
- Timbrel (1999)
- 'Psalm Drummers (album/dvd) (2004)
- Rhythms of Fire (2007)
- Drums of Hope (album/dvd) (2008)
- Musical Noises 1995–2010 (compilation audio download) (2010)
- Ultimate Drums (loops and samples production tools) (2013)
- Kaleidoscope (Bandcamp 2013)
- With others
- Common Bond – Heaven Is Calling (1984)
- Darrell Mansfield – Revelation (1985)
- Steve Taylor – Limelight (1986)
- Iona – Iona, The Book of Kells (album), Beyond These Shores, Treasures, Journey Into The Morn and Heaven's Bright Sun (1989–1998)
- Maddy Prior – Lionhearts, Arthur the King, Ravenchild (1997–1999)
- Michelle Collins – Sunburn (1997)
- Roddy Frame – North Star (1998)
- Louise – Woman In Me (1998)
- "Grief Never Grows Old" – Tsunami relief song with Brian Wilson, Steve Winwood, Sir Cliff Richard, Russell Watson, George Michael, Andy Gibb, Gary Moore, Davey Spillane
- Barbara Dickson – Nothing's Gonna Change My World (2003)
- Eden's Bridge – Celtic Series and Isle of Tides (2005), The Winter Sings (2010)
- Jules Bryant – Drops of Glittering Hope (produced by Terl Bryant, 2004)
- Peter Murphy – Love Hysteria, Deep, Holy Smoke (1986–1991)
- John Paul Jones – The Thunderthief (2001)
- 6 Day Riot – Maybe (2006)
- Stefano Ianne – Piano Car (2010)
- Graham Kendrick – Acoustic Gospels (2010)
- Stuart Townend – The Journey (2011)
- Dani – Open Spaces (2011)
- Honeyz – Wonder No. 8
- Leslie Garrett – A Northern Country Lass
- A Heart to Drum (2006)
- "Discography". Barbara Dickson. 4 September 2006. Retrieved 31 May 2012.