Town Hall (Old Castle)
|• Mayor||Bruno Walter|
|• Total||71.22 km2 (27.50 sq mi)|
|Elevation||466 m (1,529 ft)|
|• Density||270/km2 (710/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Tettinang or Tettinac was first mentioned in 882 in a document of the Abbey of St. Gall. In the beginning of the 10th century the castle of the Counts of Montfort was built near the town. The town privileges were granted in 1294 by King Adolf of Nassau. The reign of the Counts of Montfort ended 1780 when they sold the county to Austria, along with Tettnang Castle to pay debts. The county became part of Further Austria under the house of Habsburg. In the Peace of Pressburg of 1805 it became Bavarian property which gave it to Württemberg five years later. With the merge of Baden, Hohenzollern and Württemberg in 1952 it became part of the new formed state Baden-Württemberg. Until 1973 it was capital of the district Tettnang which was merged with parts of district of Überlingen to form the Bodenseekreis.
|Inhabitants||~ 650||~ 1,400||7,115||16,251||17,432||18,323||18,213||18,467||18,571||18,806||18,975|
The second release of the Linux operating system Fedora was named "Tettnang" because of the hops grown in Tettnang being used for making beer. The release was preceded by the beer-related name "Yarrow" (an early substitute for hops) and followed by "Heidelberg" (a German city and the name of a distributor of beer).
The anti-virus software vendor Avira, a company with around 100 million customers and 500 employees all over the world has its headquarters in Tettnang. Based near Lake Constance, the security specialist is one of the biggest regional entrepreneurs.
Altar of Saint George's church, Tettnang
- Juliane Banse (born 1969), soprano
- Winfried Brugger (1950-2010), legal scientist
- Marco Mathis (born 1994), cyclist
- Sascha Rösler (born 1977), footballer
- Thiemo Storz (born 1991), racing car driver
- Gregor Traber (born 1992), athlete
Other personalities associated with Tettnang
- Eduard Adorno (1920-2000), landowner and politician (CDU)
- Ivan Shekov (born 1942), composer and concert pianist
- Thom Barth (born 1951), painter, graphic artist and installation artist
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tettnang.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Tettnang.|
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2019". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). September 2020.
- Fedora release names