|Directed by||Dasari Narayana Rao|
|Produced by||K. Raghava|
|Written by||Dasari Narayana Rao|
|Starring||S. V. Ranga Rao
|Music by||Pasupuleti Ramesh Naidu|
Tata Manavadu (Telugu: తాత మనవడు) is a 1972 Telugu film directed by Dasari Narayana Rao (debut). This is the first film as a hero for comedian Raja Babu paired with Guinness record holding director and actress Vijaya Nirmala. The film won Nandi Award for Best Feature Film. This super-hit Silver Jubilee film ran for 25 weeks. This film was later remade in Kannada as Maga Mommaga with Dwarakish and in Hindi as Suntan.
Anubandham Atmiyata Anta Oka Bootakam by V. Ramakrishna is a memorable song in the film.
Rangaiah (Ranga Rao) is a labourer. He is determined to educate his son Anand (Satyanarayana) and make him a doctor and marry Anand with his sister's daughter Suguna (Chandrakala) as promised to his sister on death-bed. Anand promises to marry Suguna and makes her pregnant. He loves a rich girl Geeta (Rajasulochana) and marries her. They neglect and insult their parents. Suguna gives birth to a daughter, Laxmi. Geeta gives birth to a son, Giri (Raja Babu). Rangaiah becomes blind and Seetammma works as housemaid. Giri and Rani (Gummadi daughter-Vijaya Nirmala) are classmates The grandson grows up and with the help of Rani teaches them lesson.
|S. V. Ranga Rao||Grand father Rangaiah|
|Raja Babu||Grandson Giri|
|Kaikala Satyanarayana||Son Anand|
|Gummadi Venkateswara Rao||Paramatma Rao|
|Rao Gopal Rao||Kutumba Rao|
|Kommineni Seshagiri Rao|
- Director: Dasari Narayana Rao
- Story, Screenplay, Dialogues: Dasari Narayana Rao
- Producers: K. Raghava
- Associate Directors: Kommineni KrishnaMurthy, Ramana
- Production Companies Pratap Art Productions
- Original Music: Pasupuleti Ramesh Naidu
- Cinematography: M. Kannappa
- Art direction: Vaali and V. Ranga Rao
- Lyrics: Dr. C. Narayana Reddy, Kosaraju Raghavaiah, Sunkara
- Playback singers: V. Ramakrishna, L. R. Eswari, P. Susheela and S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
- 'Anubandham Atmiyata Anta Oka Bootakam
- Eenade Babu Nee Puttinaroju Ee Intike Kotta Velugu Vachinaroju (Lyrics: C. Narayana Reddy; Singer: P. Susheela; Cast: Anjali Devi)
- Nookalammani Nene Nee Peekani Nokkettane (Singers: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam and L. R. Eswari; Cast: Vijaya Nirmala, Gummadi and Raja Babu)
- Raayantee Naa Mogudu Rangamelli Tirigi Raaledu (Singer: L. R. Eswari; Cast: Srividya)
- Soma Mangala Budha Guru Shukra Sani Aadi
Veediki Peredi Putte Vaadiki Chotedi (Singers: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam and L. R. Eswari; Cast: Raja Babu and Vijaya Nirmala)
- Yemito Ee Lokamanta Yentaku Antupattani Vinta Tandana (Singer: V. Ramakrishna)
- "Dasari to commence 151st movie next month". sify.com. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2013.