|Born||July 25, 1935 (age 80)
Kavutaram, Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh
|Other names||Nava Rasa Natanaa Sarvabhouma|
|Known for||Indian Telugu Cinema, Politics|
|Spouse(s)||Nageswaramma (10 April 1960 - present)|
|Awards||Nandi Award for Best Feature Film|
Kaikala Satyanarayana is an Indian film actor, producer and director in Telugu cinema. He was the jury member for South Region II at the 59th National Film Awards. He is the recipient of the 2011 Raghupathi Venkaiah Award for lifetime achievement in Telugu cinema.
Early life and career
He was born to Kaikala Laxmi Narayana from Kavutaram village in Krishna district. Having completed his primary education in Gudlavalleru and intermediate education in Vijayawada, Satyanarayana graduated from Gudivada College. He married Nageswaramma on 10 April 1960 and is blessed with two daughters and two sons.
He was first noticed by D. L. Narayana, who offered him a role in his film Sipayi Koothuru directed by Changayya in 1959. Though it did not do well at the box office, he was noticed for his resemblance to N.T. Rama Rao. They found him as a prospective candidate to play dupe to NTR. Satyanarayana aptly fitted that place. He played dupe to NTR in several movies. NTR offered Satyanarayana a role in his film Apoorva Sahasra Siraccheda Chintamani in 1960, directed by S. D. Lal. Satyanarayana played the role of a prince.
B. Vittalacharya cast him in a negative role in Kanaka Durga Pooja Mahima. He fit the role to a T; from then on, Satyanarayana grew to infinite bounds in establishing himself in villain roles. Satyanarayana established Rama Films production house and made films such as Kodama Simham, Bangaru Kutumbam, and Muddula Mogudu. In 1996, he stepped into politics with TDP winning Lok Sabha elections from Machilipatnam constituency.
- Other honours
- NTR Vignan Trust Award
- Natasekhara, given by Non Government Organization (NGO) in Anantapur and Gudivada Municipal Civic Center
- Kalaprapurna, given by Kavali Cultural Association
- Bangaru Kutumbam (1994)
- "Kaikala Satyanarayana to receive NTR award". IndiaGlitz. 11 January 2008. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- Gudipoodi Srihari (23 August 2012). "Arts / Theatre : For an artiste, by the artistes". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Eenadu daily, Eeenadu Cinema, Page 10, Nandi life time achievement awards, retrieved, 24 March 2013.
- "Kaikala Satyanarayana Brother's Daughter Marriage – High Resolution Photo Gallery". Ragalahari.com. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Kaikala Satyanarayana Open Heart with RK". YouTube. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.