The Angel (2018 Argentine film)
|Directed by||Luis Ortega|
|Produced by||Agustín Almodóvar|
|Written by||Luis Ortega|
|Edited by||Guillermo Gatti|
|Box office||$5.6 million|
The Angel (Spanish: El Ángel) is a 2018 Argentine-Spanish biographical crime drama film directed by Luis Ortega. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival. It is inspired by the true story of Argentine serial killer Carlos Robledo Puch. It was selected as the Argentine entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 91st Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
- Lorenzo Ferro as Carlos Robledo Puch
- Chino Darín as Ramón Peralta
- Mercedes Morán as Ana María Peralta
- Daniel Fanego as José Peralta
- Luis Gnecco as Héctor Robledo Puch
- Peter Lanzani as Miguel Prieto
- Cecilia Roth as Aurora Robledo Puch
- Malena Villa as Marisol/Magdalena
- List of submissions to the 91st Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Argentine submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "El Angel". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "El Angel". The Numbers. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Cannes Film Review: 'The Angel'". Variety. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "Luis Ortega thriller 'The Angel' finds French home". ScreenDaily. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "The 2018 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Cannes Lineup Includes New Films From Spike Lee, Jean-Luc Godard". Variety. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Premios Oscar: El ángel representará a la Argentina". La Nacion. 26 September 2018. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- Laing, Jamie (26 September 2018). "Argentina Selects Luis Ortega's 'El Angel' for Foreign Language Oscar Submission". Variety. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
|This article related to an Argentine film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|