|Tallest in Austin since 2009[I]|
|Preceded by||360 Condominiums|
200 North Congress Avenue|
|Construction started||August 31, 2007|
|Cost||Approx. $250 million|
|Antenna spire||683 ft (208 m)|
|Roof||622 ft (190 m)|
|Top floor||607 ft (185 m)|
|Floor area||590,870 square feet (54,890 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Ziegler Cooper Architects|
|Developer||Benchmark Land Development|
|Structural engineer||CBM Engineers |
|Main contractor||Balfour Beatty Construction |
The Austonian is a residential skyscraper in Downtown Austin, Texas, USA. At 683 feet (208 m) tall with 56 floors, the building is the tallest in Austin, overtaking the 360 Condominiums. It is also the tallest building in Texas outside of Houston and Dallas, and the tallest all-residential building in North America west of the Mississippi.
The Austonian's groundbreaking ceremony took place on August 31, 2007. On June 4, 2009, the 47th floor of the Austonian was poured, meaning the Austonian surpassed the Frost Bank Tower to become the second-tallest building in Austin, Texas. On July 1, 2009, The Austonian overtook 360 Condominiums to become the tallest residential building in Austin. The building's exterior was finished in 2010, a period of almost 2.5 years since its groundbreaking. The Austonian opened to host the 2010 Women's Symphony League Designer Showhouse the weekend of May 15–16, 2010. The Showhouse was the last opportunity for the public to see the property before residents began moving in the building in June 2010. The Austonian received a four-star rating from Austin Energy Green Building in November 2010, making it the only residential high-rise building in Downtown Austin to receive such a rating.
- "The Austonian". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "The Austonian". Downtown Austin Blog. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- "Construction and Development Team". Theaustonian.com. Archived from the original on 2010-07-23. Retrieved 2010-04-20.
- "The Austonian". Emporis.com. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Austonian Proceeds: To be Tallest Residential Building West of Mississippi". Austintowers.net. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "The Austin Skyline Is About to Change". Findarticles.com. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "Downtown Austin: The Ties That Bind". Typepad.com. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "The Austonian Becomes the Tallest Building in Austin". Pitchengine.com. Archived from the original on 2011-10-06. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "The Austonian Tower Exterior is Complete". Typepad.com. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "Women's Symphony Leaguer Designer Showhouse at The Austonian Raises Money for Austin Symphony Music Education Programs for Children". Typepad.com. Retrieved 2011-05-24.
- "Austin high-rise wins 'green' award". kxan.com. Archived from the original on 2010-11-13. Retrieved 2011-05-24.
Austin 360 Condominiums Tower
| Tallest building in Austin
Tower of the Americas, San Antonio
| Tallest building in Texas outside of Dallas and Houston