The Coast Guard (film)
|The Coast Guard|
The Coast Guard movie poster
|Directed by||Kim Ki-duk|
|Produced by||Kim Dong-joo
|Written by||Kim Ki-duk|
|Edited by||Kim Sun-min|
|Distributed by||Korea Pictures
Private Kang is a member of the South Korean marine corps who is eager to shoot a North Korean spy during his time guarding the South Korean coastline near the Korean Demilitarized Zone. One evening he shoots and kills a South Korean civilian who has strayed into a forbidden zone to have sex with his girlfriend. Kang and the girlfriend of the dead civilian both have mental breakdowns. The woman believes the members of the coast guard are her dead lover, and engages in sexual affairs with them. Though commended after the shooting, Kang is dismissed from service. He then returns to kill other members of his unit. He then goes to the South Korean capital city of Seoul, where kills people at random with his bayonet before being confronted by armed policemen. Gunfire then erupts.
- Jang Dong-gun as Private Kang
- Kim Jung-hak as Private Kim
- Park Ji-ah as Mi-young
- Yoo Hae-jin as Cheol-gu
- Jeong Jin as So Cho-jang
- Kim Ku-taek as Sergeant Jang
- Kim Kang-woo as Private Jo
- Park Yoon-jae as Private Yoon
- Kim Tae-woo as Private Seo
- Kim Young-jae as medic
- Kim Mi-sung as tourist woman #1
- In-seong as agent 2
- No Jun-ho as man stabbed with bayonet
- Won Deok-hyun as kid
- Shim Hoon-ki as coast guard 2
- Jung Hee-tae as agent 7
- Jeon Sung-ae as Young-kil's mother
- Park Sung-il as Private Kang's friend
- Choi Min as provost
- FIPRESCI Prize: Kim Ki-duk, "For the strong and innovative depiction of the illusion of power which destroys humanity on both sides of the fence."
- NETPAC Award: Kim Ki-duk
- Town of Karlovy Vary Award: Kim Ki-duk
- Crystal Globe: Kim Ki-duk
- ""The Coast Guard" for Karlovy Vary". cineclickasia.com. 2003-05-30. Retrieved 2007-12-13. External link in
- Infobox data from Hae anseon (2002) at the Internet Movie Database
- "The Coast Guard". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- Synopsis from Seibert, Perry. "The Coast Guard". Allmovie. Retrieved 2007-12-12.; "Coast Guard, The; synopsis". cineclickasia.com. Retrieved 2007-12-13. External link in
|publisher=(help) and Kim Ki-duk (director and writer) (2003-02-18). 해안선 (The Coast Guard) (DVD). Seoul: 엔터원.
- Awards from "Awards for Hae anseon (2002)". IMDB. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- "Coast Guard, The; synopsis". cineclickasia.com. Retrieved 2007-12-13. External link in
- The Coast Guard at the Internet Movie Database
- Seibert, Perry. "The Coast Guard". Allmovie. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- The Coast Guard at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|