The Hexer (film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Wiedźmin (The Hexer)|
|Directed by||Marek Brodzki|
|Written by||Michał Szczerbic (uncredited)|
|Music by||Grzegorz Ciechowski|
|Edited by||Wanda Zeman|
|Distributed by||Vision Film Distribution|
Wiedźmin (The Hexer or The Witcher in English) is a 2001 Polish fantasy film by director Marek Brodzki, starring Michał Żebrowski as main character Geralt of Rivia. The story is based on the books and stories of The Witcher written by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski.
The film is essentially the then-unreleased TV series chopped into about 2 hours, and received very poor reviews from both fans and critics. Sapkowski himself in several interviews laconically expressed his negative opinion about the film: "I can answer only with a single word, an obscene, albeit a short one." "I am a Polish Catholic, it is Lent now; I cannot utter swear words."
The 13-episode TV series came out the following year.
The TV series and the film were loosely based on Andrzej Sapkowski's The Witcher (Wiedźmin) book series.
- Michał Żebrowski as Geralt of Rivia
- Zbigniew Zamachowski as Dandelion
- Maciej Kozłowski as Falwick
- Tomasz Sapryk as Dermot Marranga
- Kinga Ilgner as Renfri
- Grażyna Wolszczak as Yennefer
- Ewa Wiśniewska as Calanthe
- Andrzej Chyra as Borch Three Jackdaws
- Anna Dymna as Nenneke
- Agata Buzek as Pavetta
- Jarosław Boberek as Yarpen Zigrin
- Dorota Kamińska as Eithne
- Wojciech Duryasz as Old Witcher
- Józef Para as Druid of Kaer Morhen
- Daniel Olbrychski as Filavandrel
- The Witcher – the series of fantasy short stories
- List of characters in The Witcher series
- The Witcher – the computer game