The Love Dare
|Publisher||B & H Publishing Group|
The Love Dare is a non-fiction marriage-related book written by Alex and Stephen Kendrick. It is a 40-day Christian devotional designed to strengthen marriages. Each daily devotion includes scripture, a statement of principle, the day’s "dare," (such as "Resolve to say nothing negative to your spouse at all") and a journaling area and check box to chart progress. It is used in the storyline for the 2008 film, Fireproof, which is directed by author Alex Kendrick. For Valentine's Day, Day 1 and Day 2 of The Love Dare were published on the Baptist Press' website, with permission of B & H Publishing Group.
The Love Dare has sold over 3.5 million copies, with at least four million copies in print. It has spent over 130 weeks on The New York Times Paperback Advice & Misc. Best Seller list, and received the Platinum Award (more than 1 million sold) from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (EPCA) in April 2009. It has been translated into over 20 languages. Alex and Stephen Kendrick wrote a second book released fall 2009, "Love Dare Day by Day", a one-year devotional for couples.
- Foust, Michael (January 26, 2009). "Now on DVD, Fireproof is saving marriages". Baptist Press. Retrieved January 28, 2009.
- "Love Dare Goes Platinum". ChristianCinema.com. May 13, 2009. Retrieved May 15, 2009.
- "The Love Dare Tops New York Times' Bestseller List". ChristianCinema.com. February 18, 2009. Retrieved February 21, 2009.
- "Best Sellers: Paperback Advice & Misc". The New York Times. January 29, 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Kimball, Josh (February 18, 2009). "'Love Dare' Regains Top Spot on NY Times Best Sellers List". The Christian Post. Archived from the original on July 29, 2012. Retrieved February 19, 2009.
- "'The Shack' tops Amazon.ca books list for the week ending Feb. 17". The Canadian Press. February 2009. Retrieved February 21, 2009.
- The Love Dare Book – official book website
|This article about a book related to Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|