The Mask of Cthulhu
This article includes a list of references, related reading, or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2023)
|Cover artist||Richard Taylor|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
The Mask of Cthulhu is a collection of fantasy and horror short stories by American writer August Derleth. It was released in 1958 by Arkham House in an edition of 2,051 copies.
The stories are part of the Cthulhu Mythos and most had appeared in the magazine Weird Tales between 1939 and 1953.
The Mask of Cthulhu contains the following tales:
- "The Return of Hastur"
- "The Whippoorwills in the Hills"
- "Something in Wood"
- "The Sandwin Compact"
- "The House in the Valley"
- "The Seal of R'lyeh"
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 48. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. pp. 35–36.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 65. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 78. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.