The News Lens
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder(s)||Joey Chung and Mario Yang|
|The News Lens|
The News Lens is an independent bilingual website based in Taiwan and Hong Kong which offers news from around the globe and within Greater China. Founded by Joey Chung and Mario Yang in 2013, the website aims to provide an independent and analytical alternative to the country's newspapers. Article categories include politics, economics, technology, society, life, and more.
The News Lens has completed its series A financing. Current investors include North Base Media, a firm created by Marcus Brauchli and Sasa Vucinic; 500 Startups; Lionrock Capital founder and chief executive officer Hari Kumar; venture capitalist Herbert Chang; and angel investor Jim Wu.
The principal staff members are:
Co-founder/CEO: Joey Chung (鍾子偉), former president of Sanrio in China.
Advisory Director: Saša Vučinić, co-founder and former CEO and managing director of the Media Development Loan Fund.
- In 2015, The News Lens received a silver award of the World Young Reader Prize, issued by WAN-IFRA, in the category of brand for the combination of Becoming Aces, Becoming Change and Special Reports initiatives.
- "List of Taiwanese Newspapers". onlinenewspapers.com. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "List of Hong Kong newspapers and news sites". w3newspapers.com. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "With Angel Funding From Top Media Veterans, The News Lens Wants To Reshape Journalism In Taiwan". Techcrunch.com. Dec 27, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "Taiwan-Based Media Startup The News Lens Raises Series A To Grow Its Global Viewership". Techcrunch.com. May 26, 2015. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "About Us". The News Lens.
- "List of 2015 Champions". WAN-IFRA. July 7, 2015. Retrieved November 18, 2015.