The Oxfordshire Museum
The entrance to the museum
The Oxfordshire Museum (also known as Oxfordshire County Museum) is in Woodstock, Oxfordshire, England, located opposite the Bear Hotel. It is a regional museum covering the county of Oxfordshire. The museum is located on the edge of the Cotswolds.
The museum features collections of local history, art, archaeology, the landscape and wildlife relating to the county of Oxfordshire, and to the town of Woodstock in particular. The museum is run by Oxfordshire County Council and is located in a large historic house, Fletcher’s House, in the centre of Woodstock. The museum has 11 galleries. There is also a coffee shop and a large garden behind the museum, which includes a Dinosaur Garden, displaying megalosaur footprints found in a limestone quarry near Ardley .
Admission is free.
- "The Oxfordshire Museum". TripAdvisor. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "The Oxfordshire Museum". OxfordshireCotswolds.org. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "The Oxfordshire Museum, Woodstock" (PDF). Oxfordshire County Council. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "The Oxfordshire Museum". The Art Fund. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- Dinosaurs in Oxfordshire (DVD by Oxfordshire County Council and Viridor)
- The Oxfordshire Museum website from Oxfordshire County Council
|This article related to a museum in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|