The Pinker Tones
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Pinker Tones|
The Pinker Tones performing in September 2007.
|Genres||Indie pop, Lounge, Alternative|
|Labels||Pinkerland Records, Outstanding Records (UK), Nacional Records (US)|
|Website||The Pinker Tones|
DJ Niño (live sets & DJ crew)
The Pinker Tones is an alternative pop band from Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. They have released 6 albums to date, and have been included on many more. "The Whistling Song" is featured in all versions of EA Sports' FIFA 2009.
Artists and Music
The Pinker Tones is the brainchild of Barcelona natives Mister Furia and Professor Manso. The group's music is an eclectic mix of pop, funk, soul, bossa, break beat, swing, lounge, and psychedelia. Their songs feature Spanish, French, English, and German lyrics.
Since the release of The Million Color Revolution on the band's own label Pinkerland Records (founded by the band and UK label Outstanding Records) and Latin alternative label Nacional Records, The Pinker Tones have played more than 300 shows in over 40 countries. They have performed in New York, Moscow, Beijing, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Madrid, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Bogota, Caracas, Puerto Rico, Los Angeles, Johannesburg, Toronto, as well as many other world cities.
In "Pinkerland," a tiny rooftop studio in the center of Barcelona, the Pinker Tones put together their first album, The Pink Connection, which was released in 2003. In Japan, it was released under the name Mission Pink on the Japanese label Rambling Records.
The Pinker Tones inked a deal with UK label Outstanding Records to release their debut album worldwide under a new name: The BCN Connection. Thanks to the fantastic videos for the singles "Mais Pourquoi?" and "Viva la Juventud", The Pinker Tones started to appear regularly on MTV Europe and other channels around the world. The video for "Mais Pourquoi?" spent 19 weeks in the top 20 on MTV Spain's Dance Floor Chart. During this time, they produced various albums and singles for Spanish and international bands, composed a couple of film soundtracks (Sincopat and Survival Train), and dedicated some of their time to experimenting with remixes.
For their second album, The Million Colour Revolution, The Pinker Tones signed with US-based Latin alternative label Nacional Records. The disc scored the number one overall album spot on Emusic, outselling such notable names as Coldplay, Johnny Cash, and Cat Power. The unprecedented feat for a developing Latin dance/alternative act came on the heels of their incredible animated video for "Sonido Total" being featured on the main MySpace Videos page and growing online support around the world. The Million Colour Revolution also entered the Top 10 on iTunes Top Latin Albums chart.
In the summer of 2007, The Pinker Tones released a remix and collaborations album, More Colours, continuing the momentum of 2006's Million Colour Revolution and featuring a stellar lineup of artists including The Submarines, Kinky, Nortec Collective, PJ Rose, Zeta Bosio of Soda Stereo and Mexican Institute of Sound.
The Pinker Tones played the entire 2008 edition of warped tour in support of their third studio album, Wild Animals.
The group announced the release of their fourth studio album, Modular, releasing in Europe on June 8 and in the United States and Mexico on June 28.
The Pinker Tones's "Karma Hunters" was nominated for the 7th Annual Independent Music Awards for Music Video of the year.
The group were the subject of a NY Times feature, had an A&E television special, performed on KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic", had a song featured on the hit ABC sitcom "Ugly Betty," and saw heavy video play on networks like mtvU, MTV Tr3́s, mun2, and LATV. The Pinker Tones also made a major splash at the 2007 South by Southwest, where they performed five shows in only 36 hours, including the Vans Warped Tour showcase. Later in the year, they wowed the audience at KCRW's Sounds Eclectic Evening at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles alongside artists like The Shins, Lily Allen, Cold War Kids and Rodrigo and Gabriela. The Pinker Tones single "Karma Hunters" was also selected by national bilingual youth network Mun2 as the theme song for its popular reality show 'Chicas Project'. They also have appeared in the game FIFA 07 with their hit song "The Million Colour Revolution". Forza Motorsport 2, a game on the Xbox 360, features "Karma Hunters" and "Sonido Total" in its soundtrack, whereas the game Project Gotham Racing 4 for the same system features "In Pea We Nuts." The Pinker Tones have also featured in EA Sports FIFA 09 with their song "The Whistling Song." Street racing game Need for Speed: Undercover also features The Pinker Tones' "Electrotumbao". In 2009, The Pinker Tones received the Premios de la Musica award in Spain for Best Electronic Song. Their song "Sampleame" also made an appearance on the FIFA 11 soundtrack.
- The Pink Connection (Spain release) (2003/2004)
- Mission Pink (Japan release) (2003/2004)
- The BCN Connection (2004)
- The Million Colour Revolution (2006)
- More Colours! (2007)
- More Colours! (American Edition) (2007)
- Wild Animals (April 2008)
- Modular (June 2010)
- Life in Stereo (May 2012)
Singles, EP's and soundtracks
- Pink Disco-nection (Spanish Edition) (2003)
- One Of Them (Spanish Edition) (2003)
- Mais Pourquoi? (Spanish Edition) (2003)
- Sincopat (2003)
- Viva La Juventud (2004)
- Mais Pourquoi? (2004)
- Sonido Total (2005) on Freshly Squeezed music  
- La Mujer de mi Hermano (2006)
- FIFA 07 (2006)
- Efectos Secundarios (2006)
- The Best Of The Pinker Tones (Sonido Total EP) Freshly Squeezed music (2006)
- Love Tape (2006)
- Karma Hunters (2006)
- Forza Motorsport 2 (2007)
- The Million Colour Revolution (2007)
- ESL: English As A Second Language (2008)
- FIFA 09 (2008)
- FIFA 11 (2010)
- Music for Chocolate Lovers (2001)
- Club Camelot (2003)
- Barcelona Revival Sessions (2003)
- I Was a Yeah Yeah Girl 2 (2003)
- Barcelona04 (2004)
- Spain Is Different (2004)
- Café Bizarre Vol.2 (2004)
- Barcelona: The Sex, The City, The Music (2004)
- Eurodisco 2004 (2004)
- ELF Electronic Latin Freaks 2004 (2004)
- Cocktail Seriously Good Music (2004)
- Best of Club Mix (2004)
- Le Pop for Party (Afternoon Tea Music (2004)
- Back to the Future (2004)
- Style Soundz 2004 (2004)
- Musique Boutique (2005)
- Revolución de los Colores (2005)
- Razzmatazz#05 - DJ Amble (2005)
- All I Want for X-mas Is... 2005 (2005)
- ToCo Dance Party - Volume 1 (2005)
- Musique Boutique New Revival (2006)
- Eclectrik Freshly Squeezed music (UK, 2006)
- Penny Cany (2006)
- Sample This (2006)
- LAMC Latin American Alternative Music Conference (2006) & (2007)
- AJAX presents Spin City (2006)
- Compilation Europavox 2006 (2006)
- The Chicas Project (2007)
- Boutique Chic: Collection (2007)
- The Greatest Songs Ever: Latino Modern (2007)
- The Simple Life Camp Songs (2007)
- Loteriá Beats Mixtape Vol.1 (2007)
- Delicandencia (2007)
- LAMC 2008 Sampler (2008)
- Alessandro Alessandroni, (unreleased)
- Astrud Gilberto, If Not for You (2002)
- Carrots & Friends, Carrots (2002)
- Bondage, Living Jelly Moves (2003)
- Skizoo, Habré que Olvidar (2005)
- David Devant & His Spirit Wife, About It (2004)
- Mr. Solo, Number One (2006)
- Vvaa, Puppet Jazz (2006)
- Torpedo Boyz, The Disco Song (2008)
- Gentle People, What Do You Know (2008)
- PECKER, 2 y las Nadadros (produced by TPT at Pinkerland studios) (2006)
- VVAA, El disc de La Marató de TV3 (2006)
- VVAA, Bikini Party (2006)
- Veldt, Good Morning (mixed by TPT) (2004)
- Official website
- BreakThru Radio - Artist of The Week
- Pinker Tones, Artista Destacado - Billboard En Español
- Last.fm fan Group for The Pinker Tones
- nocheLatina - Q&A Sessions: The Pinker Tones
- Music Brainz
- "The Pinker Tones Set To Release New Remix Album "More Colours" On August 21st" (Press release). Nacional Records. August 2007.
- "EA’s FIFA Soccer 09 soundtrack scores". EA Sports. August 14, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-23.