|The Blacklist episode|
|Episode no.||Season 2|
|Directed by||Karen Gaviola|
|Written by||J. R. Orci|
|Original air date||November 3, 2014|
After Agent Navabi kills a top Iranian nuclear scientist on a Mossad mission in Dubai, the Iranian government plans retaliation by sending The Scimitar, an Iranian agent who is apparently responsible for the death of Navabi's brother, to kidnap American scientists involved in a nuclear weapons program. While the Task Force foils the kidnapping, Navabi, with the aid of Reddington interrogates the Scimitar by herself, and is told that her brother is also in league with him. Not believing the Scimitar's claims, Navabi executes him and allows his body to be found by the Task Force. Meanwhile, Liz uses the intel received from Tom to help Red get a meeting with Berlin. Kidnapping Zoe, he brings her to Berlin and reveals that she is actually Berlin's long-believed-dead daughter.
"The Scimitar" premiered on NBC on November 3, 2014 in the 10–11 p.m. time slot. The episode garnered a 2.4/7 Nielsen rating with 9.30 million viewers, making it the highest-rated show in its timeslot and the twelfth highest-rated television show of the week.
Ross Bonaime of Paste gave the episode a 5.8/10. He wrote: "It’ll be great if next week’s fall finale ups the limits that 'The Scimitar' tries to push. But if it can’t pull off the surprises (like this week’s episode), The Blacklist could take a break at a disappointing low point."
Cory Barker of TV.com gave a mixed review of the episode. He stated: "We all know that second seasons are tricky, particularly for shows that were extremely popular in their first season. There's always that tension between simply delivering more of the same and expanding into new territory, and The Blacklist has struggled with that exact issue in its first seven episodes."
- "Episode Title: (#207) "THE SCIMITAR"". The Futon Critic. 2014-11-03. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- Kondology, Amanda (2014-11-04). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Voice' Adjusted Up; 'Jane the Virgin', 'Dancing With the Stars', 'The Originals', 'Countdown to the CMAs' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Tribune Digital Ventures. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- Bibel, Sara (2014-11-11). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Sunday Night Football' Tops Week 7 With Adults 18-49". TV by the Numbers. Tribune Digital Ventures. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- Bonaime, Ross (2014-11-04). "The Blacklist Review: "The Scimitar"". Paste. Paste Media Group. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- Barker, Cory (2014-11-04). "The Blacklist "The Scimitar" Review: All Locked Up". TV.com. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2015-06-06.