The Student (2016 film)
|Directed by||Kirill Serebrennikov|
|Written by||Kirill Serebrennikov|
|Music by||Ilya Demutsky|
The Student (Russian: Ученик, translit. Uchenik) is a 2016 Russian drama film directed by Kirill Serebrennikov based on Marius von Mayenburg's play Märtyrer. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival where it won the François Chalais Prize.
The plot revolves around a young man who has become a religious fanatic and gradually drags his surroundings and the whole school into obscurantism, which ultimately leads to disaster.
- Pyotr Skvortsov as Veniamin Yuzhin
- Viktoriya Isakova as Elena Krasnova
- Aleksandr Gorchilin as Grigoriy Zaytsev
- Yuliya Aug as Inga Yuzhina
- Aleksandra Revenko as Lidiya Tkacheva
- Anton Vasilev as Oleg Selnenko
- Nikolay Roshchin as father Vsevolod
- Svetlana Bragarnik as Lyudmila Stukalina
- Irina Rudniktskaya as Irina Petrovna
- Marina Kleschev as steward
- "2016 Cannes Film Festival Announces Lineup". IndieWire. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Cannes 2016: Film Festival Unveils Official Selection Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Cannes Bullet Points: Brazil the documentary prize and "The Student" the François Chalais Prize". L'Express. 21 May 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- The Student on IMDb
- The Student at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Student at Metacritic
- The Student at Box Office Mojo
|This article related to Russian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|