The Visualise Tour
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tour by Delta Goodrem|
|Associated album||Innocent Eyes|
|Start date||3 July 2005|
|End date||27 July 2005|
|No. of shows||10|
|Delta Goodrem concert chronology|
The Visualise Tour is the debut Australian concert tour by singer-songwriter Delta Goodrem. During July 2005, Goodrem performed a total of ten shows to an estimated audience of 80,000 people, making it one of Australia's highest selling local tours. The tour began with a "preview show" in Newcastle, before heading to Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Hobart.
The show features Goodrem with a live band, string section and four male dancers and is split into five distinctive sections, each with a different costume change and theme, designed to highlight Goodrem's versatility as a vocalist, pianist and dancer. The set list is composed of songs from both the Innocent Eyes and Mistaken Identity albums, as well Goodrem's debut single "I Don't Care" and covers of Australian rock group, Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" and Carole King's "I Feel The Earth Move". Former Westlife singer Brian McFadden joined Goodrem on stage to perform their number one single "Almost Here" as well the Westlife song "Flying Without Wings". The support act for the tour was Canadian artist, Kyle Riabko.
Goodrem became the first Australian artist to headline a show at the Sydney SuperDome (now Qudos Bank Arena), while tickets to the two Sydney shows officially outsold shows by major international acts such as Destiny's Child, Green Day and 50 Cent, who had performed in Sydney earlier the same year. The 24 July performance in Sydney was filmed for the DVD release, titled The Visualise Tour: Live in Concert.
- "Mistaken Identity"
- "Lost Without You"
- "A Little Too Late"
- "Not Me, Not I"
- "Will You Fall for Me"
- "The Analyst"
- "Throw It Away" (interlude)
- "Electric Storm"
- "Born to Try" (acoustic version)
- "Last Night on Earth" (acoustic version)
- "Almost Here" (duet with Brian McFadden)
- "Flying Without Wings" (duet with Brian McFadden)[A]
- "Miscommunication" (interlude)
- "I Feel The Earth Move"
- "I Don't Care"
- "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"
- "A Year Ago Today" (Video interlude)
- "Extraordinary Day"
- "Be Strong"
- "Out of the Blue"
- "Innocent Eyes"
- A ^Performed at select shows only.
|3 July 2005||Newcastle||Newcastle Entertainment Centre|
|8 July 2005||Perth||Burswood Dome|
|10 July 2005||Adelaide||Adelaide Entertainment Centre|
|13 July 2005||Melbourne||Rod Laver Arena|
|16 July 2005|
|18 July 2005||Brisbane||Brisbane Entertainment Centre|
|21 July 2005||Canberra||AIS Arena|
|23 July 2005||Sydney||Sydney SuperDome|
|24 July 2005|
|27 July 2005||Hobart||Derwent Entertainment Centre|
- Tour Producer, Promoter: Paul Dainty
- Tour Directors: Andy Mackrill & Luke Hede
- Tour Manager: Peter McCrindle
- Musical Director: Richard Sanford
- Choreographers: Shannon Holtzapffel & Simon Lind (Project Moda)
- Keyboard, Guitar & Backing vocals: Richard Sanford
- Bass: Michael Di Francesco
- Drums & Percussion: Alex Carapetis
- Keyboards & Backing vocals: Scott Aplin
- Guitar & Backing vocals: Andrew Keppie
- Backing vocalists: Natasha Stuart, Conchita Wilden & Asli Ozdogan
- Dancers: Richard O'Brien, Simon Lind, Troy Phillips & Shannon Holtzapffel
- Fairy Princesses: Chelsea Windon & Jenna Schijf