|Founded||Berlin, Germany (2002 )|
|Markus Hannebauer (CEO), Arno Schödl (TD)|
think-cell is a German computer software company founded in April 2002 and headquartered in Berlin, Germany. The Fraunhofer Society spin-off  focuses upon the creation of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel add-in products.
The company's main product – think-cell – aims to facilitate the creation of charts, e.g., bar charts, waterfall charts, Marimekko charts and Gantt charts, on Microsoft PowerPoint presentation slides from Microsoft Excel data sheets. Some features overlap with those provided by newer versions of Microsoft Office, such as waterfall charts that are built-in charts in Office 2016.
The most recent version – think-cell 10 – was launched in May 2019.
- Indezine Interview with Managing Director Markus Hannebauer
- Bloomberg Businessweek Article on Corporate Berlin
Several add-ins provide similar or alternative tools to think-cell in the business presentation area:
- Power-user for PowerPoint: an add-in that focuses on providing visual content for business presentations, e.g. templates, diagrams, icons, maps, as well as tools automating formatting tasks
- Aploris: a plugin aiming at enriching the charting possibilities of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Mekko Graphics: a charting solution for Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel