Third World (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Third World in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term Third World is usually used:
- As a political term for countries that remained non-aligned with either of the two superpowers during the Cold War.
- To refer to the Third World of the maoist Three Worlds Theory, another Cold War political concept.
- As a loose term for all developing countries, a number of which fit both of the above definitions.
Third World can also refer to:
- Third World (band), the Jamaican reggae band formed in 1973
- The Third World (album), a 1970 album by Gato Barbieri
- The 3rd World (Immortal Technique album) 2008
- Third World Child, a 1987 album by Johnny Clegg
- Third World War (band), an English rock & roll band formed in 1970
- Third-world feminism, also known as Postcolonial feminism
- Third World Media, an adult film production company
- Third World Network, a transnational alternative policy group
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Third World.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.