|• Total||3.28 km2 (1.27 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,900/km2 (7,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||French, Tamil, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||+91–0413(STD Code)|
|Sex ratio||1009 ♂/♀|
Thirubuvanai( pronunciation (help·info))is a village in the union territory of Puducherry, India. It is located in Mannadipet commune panchayat of the Villianur taluk. It serves as the centre of Thirubuvanai (Union Territory Assembly constituency). It also hosts a Dodadrinath temple(Sri Thenkalai Varadharaja Perumal Temple)built by Parantaka-1 in the 10th century. It also has a primary health centre, police station and fire station.
Sri Thenkalai Varadharaja Perumal Temple
The antiquity of the village goes back to the times of Paranthaga Cholan 1(907-955 AD). It was called as Veeranarayana Vinnagaram after the title of Paranthagar I. The old name of the village was Tirubuvanai Mahadevi Chadurvedi Mangalam, named after the Paranthagar's Queen. The lake of this village was called Kokkilanadi-Pereri, named after another wife of Paranthagar. This is an AEL stone temple displaying the characteristic plinth mouldings, niches and pilasters. There are small but interesting panels around the sanctum depicting scenes from Ramayana and Bhagavata.There are a number of Chola inscriptions in this temple throwing light on the political, social and cultural life of the village. The temple is managed by ASI.
Thirubuvanai Police Station
The police station situated at a distance of 22 km from Headquarters lies on the Villupuram Main Road (NH 45A). It is the west border police station in the Union Territory of Pondicherry. The building was inaugurated by His Excellency H.L Khurana, Governor of Tamil Nadu and Administrator of Pondicherry on 2 June 1984. The police station building contains one S.I Quarter, three H.C’s Quarters and thirteen P.C’s Quarters.
- Govt. High School Thirubuvanai (அரசு உயர் நிலை பள்ளி, திருபுவனை) was Established in 1929. The School was managed by Government of Pondicherry Education Department.
- FSDA English Higher Secondary School
- Swamy Vivekanandha Higher Secondary School
- Kalaimagal English High School Thirubuvanai
Thirubuvanai is situated in the midway of the Pondicherry to Villupuram NH45 road.There are several private buses are runs daily basis from Thirubuvanai to Pondicherry.The Pondicherry Road Transport Corporation and The Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation operates bus services from Pondicherry to Villupuram via Thirubuvanai.
There is no train service available to Thirubuvanai. But one can reach ChinnababuSamuthiram railway station, and or Villupuram railway station which are located around 4 kilometer towards East and 17 km towards west from thirubuvanai.Daily train services are available from Pondicherry to Villupuram junction via Chinna Papu Samuthiram railway station.
- Sedal Festival(செடல் திருவிழா) at Sri Pazhandi Maariyam Kovil
- Opening the door of paradise(சொர்க வாசல் திறப்பு) at Sri Thenkalai Varadharaja Perumal Kovil
|1.||Whirlpool India limited||Washing Machine|
|3.||Rusch AVT Limited||Foley cerborter|
|4.||Auro food limited||Refined Oil|
|5.||Cheslint textiles||Spinning cotton|
|6.||New India Palmers||Biscuits|
|7.||Brite Brother Ltd||Fiber Plastics|
|8.||Rane (Madras) Ltd||Steering for Car|
|9.||Pondy Devi Oil Industry||Oil Refinery Plant|
|12.||Ana Bond Essex||Vaseline Cream|
|14.||J R Food Ltd||Oil Refined|
|15.||Rebazer Medi plastics||Syringe|
Member of Legislative Assembly
- 1974: A. Gopal, Indian National Congress
- 1977: M. Maniyam, All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
- 1980: P. Cattavarayane, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1985: S. Komala, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
- 1990: D. Viswanathan, All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
- 1991: D. Viswanathan, All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
- 1996: S. Arasi, All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
- 2001: P. Angalan, Indian National Congress
- 2006: Angalane, Indian National Congress
- 2011: P. Angalane, All India N.R. Congress
- 2016: B. Kobiga, All India N.R. Congress
Thirubuvanai Anganvadi maiyam(courtyard shelter)
- /images/gplist.pdf| format = PDF | title = List of village panchayats in Puducherry district | publisher = District Rural Development Agency, Department of Rural Development, Government of Puducherry | accessdate = 2 February 2013 }}
- "Thirubuvanai police station". Puducherry police. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
|This article related to a location in the Indian union territory of Puducherry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|