Thomas Woodcock (officer of arms)
CVO DL FSA
|Born||20 May 1951|
|Alma mater||University College, Durham;
Darwin College, Cambridge
|Employer||HM The Queen|
|Organization||College of Arms|
|Title||Garter Principal King of Arms|
|Predecessor||Sir Peter Gwynn-Jones, KCVO|
|Spouse(s)||Lucinda Harmsworth King|
Woodcock was educated at Eton College. He went to University College, Durham, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He then went to Darwin College, Cambridge where he received his LLB degree. He was called to the Bar at the Inner Temple. In 1998, Woodcock married Lucinda Harmsworth King.
College of Arms
He was called to the Bar at the Inner Temple. He began his heraldic career in 1975 as a research assistant to Sir Anthony Wagner, Garter King of Arms. In 1978 he was appointed Rouge Croix Pursuivant. In 1982 he was promoted to Somerset Herald. He held this office until his appointment as Norroy and Ulster in 1997. Woodcock was appointed the Garter Principal King of Arms on 1 April 2010.
In December 2005 he was appointed a deputy lieutenant for the County of Lancashire, in which capacity he assists the Lord Lieutenant, Lord Shuttleworth, to represent Queen Elizabeth II in the county.
- The College of Arms Newsletter 21 June 2009
- "no. 47661". The London Gazette. 12 October 1978. p. 12091. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "no. 49155". The London Gazette. 1 November 1982. p. 14201. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "no. 54756". The London Gazette. 6 May 1997. p. 5349. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "no. 59385". The London Gazette. 8 April 2010. p. 6033. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "no. 54427". The London Gazette. 14 June 1996. p. 4. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "(Supplement) no. 59808". The London Gazette. 11 June 2011. p. 4. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "no. 57843". The London Gazette. 16 December 2005. p. 16252. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- Thomas Woodcock's Coat of Arms - Granted in 1961
- CUHAGS Officer of Arms Index
- Debrett's People of Today
|Rouge Croix Pursuivant
Sir Henry Paston-Bedingfeld
David Vines White
|Norroy and Ulster King of Arms
Patric Laurence Dickinson
Sir Peter Gwynn-Jones
|Garter Principal King of Arms