Tiago da Silva
|Tiago da Silva|
|Generales de Durango – No. 22|
March 28, 1985 |
São Paulo, Brazil
Tiago Felipe Santos da Silva (born March 28, 1985) is a Brazilian professional baseball pitcher with the Generales de Durango of the Mexican League. From 2008 to 2013 he played with the San Marino Baseball Club of the Italian Baseball League (IBL), posting a 41–12 win–loss record, a 2.00 earned run average, and 490 strikeouts.
Da Silva was a member of the Italy national baseball team at the 2008 European Baseball Cup, 2009 European Baseball Cup, 2009 World Baseball Classic and 2013 World Baseball Classic. He played the 2014 season with the Delfines del Carmen of the Mexican Baseball League and posted a record of 7–4, a 2.07 ERA, and 29 saves.
On January 31, 2015, da Silva signed a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball (MLB). He opened the season with the Advanced-A Dunedin Blue Jays, and was promoted to the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats on May 2, 2015. On May 14, he was loaned to the Delfines de Ciudad del Carmen. da Silva was released by the Blue Jays organization in November 2015.
- "Tiago da Silva Minor League Statistics & History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- Matheson, Keegan (January 31, 2015). "Toronto Blue Jays sign pitcher Tiago da Silva". jaysjournal.com. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- "Tiago da Silva promosso in Doppio A, Chris Colabello MVP in Triplo A". fibs.it (in Italian). May 2, 2015. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- "Eastern League Transactions". milb.com. May 14, 2015. Retrieved May 15, 2015.
- "John Lott on Twitter". Twitter. November 9, 2015. Retrieved November 14, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to a baseball pitcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|