Tim Judah is a reporter and political analyst for The Economist, and has written several books, mainly focussing on Serbia and Kosovo.
A graduate of the London School of Economics and of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, he worked for the BBC before becoming the Balkans correspondent for The Times and The Economist. During the Kosovo war he broadcast widely and wrote for the New York Review of Books, The Observer, The Sunday Telegraph and The Guardian Weekend magazine.
Judah has reported from numerous places, for a wide variety of newspapers, and other outlets. Apart from the Balkans, Judah has reported from countries including El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan and Uganda. In 2009, Judah was a Senior Visiting Fellow at the European Institute of the London School of Economics. Recently, Judah has also written highly praised articles relating to the War in Donbass.
The Serbs: History, Myth and the Destruction of Yugoslavia (1997)
Judah is the author of the prizewinning The Serbs: History, Myth and the Destruction of Yugoslavia (1997) published by Yale University Press.
Serbian-American poet Charles Simić has criticized Tim Judah for ethnic bias in his book The Serbs, regarding the situation of the Serbs in Croatia and their opposition to Croatia's newly formed government. Simić noted that "the new Croatian Constitution demoted 600,000 of Croatia’s Serbs to minority status by making the new country the ‘national state of the Croatian people’", as well as that "the streets and schools named after the heroes of the Anti-Fascist resistance had been renamed after the [Ustaše] Fascists responsible for the mass killings of Serbs in World War Two".
- The Serbs: History, Myth, and the Destruction of Yugoslavia. Yale University Press. 2000. ISBN 978-0-300-08507-5.
- Kosovo: War and Revenge. Yale University Press. 2002. ISBN 978-0-300-09725-2.
- Bikila: Ethiopia's Barefoot Olympian. Reportage Press. 2008. ISBN 978-0-9558302-1-1.
- Kosovo: What Everyone Needs to Know. Oxford University Press. 29 August 2008. ISBN 978-0-19-974103-8.
- BBC NEWS | Programmes | Crossing Continents | Tim Judah: Biography
- Tim Judah - The New York Review of Books
- Simic, Charles (31 July 1997). "Unfashionable Victims". London Review of Books. Archived from the original on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|