Tourist information fish at Björkängen, Ljustorp
|• Total||1,234.17 km2 (476.52 sq mi)|
|• Land||783.3 km2 (302.4 sq mi)|
|• Water||450.87 km2 (174.08 sq mi)|
|Area as of 1 January 2014.|
(31 December 2018)
|• Density||15/km2 (38/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
The rural municipality Timrå was made a market town (köping) in 1947. The present municipality was created in 1971 when Timrå was amalgamated with Hässjö.
Timrå is located in a terrain of forest and hills. Traditionally the industry has been dominated by forestry. The timber was transported through the rivers and streams to their destination, most often to sawmills. In tribute to this, the city arms depicts trees and water.
- Lennart Svedberg (1944-1972), ice hockey player
- Magdalena Forsberg (1967), cross country skier, biathlete
- Henrik Flyman, guitarist, composer, producer
- Henrik Forsberg (1967), cross country skier
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2018" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2019. Retrieved February 23, 2019.
- Timrå - Official site