30 January 1963
Toxteth, Liverpool, England
Paul Chase (m. 2010)
Christina Malone (born 30 January 1963) is an English actress, best known for playing Mimi Maguire in the Channel 4 series Shameless. She also played Mo McGee in Brookside. She made a reality appearance in Celebrity Big Brother 6 in January 2009.
Malone was born on 30 January 1963 in Toxteth, Liverpool, the daughter of Olwyn and Frank Malone. She attended Liverpool Institute High School for Girls and Childwall College.
On 2 January 2009, Malone entered the Celebrity Big Brother house. She was the seventh person to enter and was immediately picked up on her loudness. On 16 January, Malone was the second person to be evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother House.
In May 2019 Malone played Elaine McDermott in the 5Star prison drama Clink.
|2005–2013||Shameless (British TV series)||Mimi Maguire||recurring role|
Malone runs her own acting school, To Be Frank Productions, in Manchester, where she lives. The school produces plays in local Liverpool theatres such as the Everyman Theatre. The drama school is named after her late father, Frank Malone. She also used to run an agency with Dean Sullivan called DSTM. Malone has stated that she suffers from OCD and is bipolar.
In May 2012, Malone was declared bankrupt.
In 2013 she gave birth to a second daughter named Flame Chase at age 50.
In March 2019, Malone pleaded guilty to contempt of court, having shared a social media post which purported to reveal the new identity of Jon Venables, one of two boys who murdered James Bulger, contrary to a court order. She was given an eight-month prison sentence which was suspended for two years.
In October 2019 Tina announced, via Twitter, that she and Paul had split after 11 years together.
- "Director Check". company-director-check.co.uk. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Tina's Biography". Tina Malone Productions. Archived from the original on 21 May 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Janet Tansley (6 January 2009). "Tina Malone on Celebrity Big Brother: Daughter's shock!". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Singer quits Celebrity BB house". BBC News. 17 January 2009. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "MeeT ThE DeAN's". Eleganceproductions.co.uk. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Actress Tina Malone on wanting to become a mum again aged 47". Daily Record. Scotland. 9 January 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Tansley, Janet (19 November 2008). "Shameless star Tina Malone drops weight – and her man". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 3 January 2009.
- Mangan, Lucy (3 January 2009). "We've got it all – except Davina's gleeful frenzy". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 3 January 2009.
- "Tina Malone jokes about her soap dynasty | News | Hollyoaks | What's on TV". What' s on TV. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- Paul Britton (16 May 2012). "Shameless star Tina Malone is declared bankrupt". Manchester Evening News.
- "Actress admits 'Bulger killer photo' post". 13 March 2019. Retrieved 13 March 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.