30 January 1963 |
Toxteth, Liverpool, England
|Education||Liverpool Institute High School|
|Alma mater||Childwall College, Liverpool|
|Occupation||Actress, writer, director, producer|
|Spouse(s)||Paul Chase (m. 2010)|
Tina Malone (born 30 January 1963) is an English actress, writer, director and producer, who is probably best known for playing the brash, belligerent, foul-mouthed Mimi Maguire in Shameless. She also played the role of Mo McGee on Brookside and a nurse called Bobbie on Victoria Wood's dinnerladies. She made a reality appearance in Celebrity Big Brother 6 in January 2009 and a guest appearance on The Chase Celebrity Special in 2013.
She runs her own acting school in Manchester. The school produces plays in local Liverpool theatres such as the Everyman Theatre. The drama school is known as To Be Frank Productions (named after her late father, Frank Malone). She also used to run a similar agency with Dean Sullivan called DSTM. She has stated that she has obsessive compulsive disorder and bipolar disorder. In August 2009, Malone appeared on a BBC Three programme called Britain's Most Embarrassing Parents, with her daughter Dannielle (born 1982). From 8–11 September 2009, she directed and starred in Kerry Williams's play "MeeT ThE DeAN's" at the Unity Theatre, Liverpool, She currently resides in Manchester with her husband Paul Chase, whom she married on 29 August 2010 and is 19 years younger, Malone appeared on Celebrity Four Weddings in December 2010, along with TV personality Debbie McGee, Big Brother 3 contestant Spencer Smith and glamour model Linsey Dawn McKenzie, Malone later went on to win Four Weddings, She also appeared in Scousers in St Helens on 26 October 2010 alongside Margi Clarke, Billy Murray and Various others.
On 16 May 2013, Malone and Chase announced that she was pregnant on ITV's This Morning. Her baby daughter, who was named Flame, was born on 15 December 2013. The name came about whilst Malone was watching TV; a news report was on regarding Flame Brewer, a 9 year old wing-walker who, in August 2013, became the world's youngest formation wing-walker along with her cousin, Rose Powell also aged 9. 
On 2 January 2009, Tina entered the Celebrity Big Brother house. She was the seventh person to enter and was immediately picked up on her loudness. On 16 January, Malone was the second person to be evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother House.
In 2013, Jackson appeared on The Chase Celebrity Special (series 3, episode 3). She and the other members of the team, including Dr. Hilary Jones and Charlotte Jackson, defeated "The Chaser", Paul "The Sinnerman" Sinha, and won 100,000 pounds (approximately 162,000 USD at the time) for charity. She did quite well on the show, contributing 8,000 pounds to the team and several correct answers in the Final Chase.
- "Director Check". company-director-check.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- "Tina's Biography". Tina Malone Productions. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Janet Tansley. "News - Liverpool Local News - Tina Malone on Celebrity Big Brother: Daughter's shock!". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Malone revealed during a Loose Women Interview broadcast on 10/01/2011, that she had been in "The Business" for 23 years.
- "Shameless' Tina Malone on how she lost 7st with a gastric band... and married a toyboy | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 2010-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Tansley, Janet (2008-11-19). "Shameless star Tina Malone drops weight - and her man". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 2009-01-03
- Mangan, Lucy (2009-01-03). "We've got it all - except Davina's gleeful frenzy". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2009-01-03
- "MeeT ThE DeAN's". Eleganceproductions.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "Actress Tina Malone on wanting to become a mum again aged 47". The Daily Record. 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Shameless star Tina goes bust
- Paul Britton (16 May 2012). "Shameless star Tina Malone is declared bankrupt". Manchester Evening News.
- "BBC News - Wing-walking schoolgirls fly over Gloucestershire for record". Bbc.co.uk. 2013-08-21. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "Singer quits Celebrity BB house". BBC News. 2009-01-17. Retrieved 2010-05-25.