Tired of Toein' the Line
|"Tired of Toein' the Line"|
|Single by Rocky Burnette|
|from the album The Son of Rock and Roll|
|B-side||"Boogie Down in Mobile, Alabama"|
|Genre||Pop rock, new wave|
|Writer(s)||Rocky Burnette, Ron Coleman|
"Tired of Toein' the Line" is a song by Rocky Burnette, who co-wrote it with Ron Coleman, former bass player of the Brothers Grim and The Everly Brothers. It was performed by Burnette, and contains lyrics detailing an imminent breakup. It became an international hit when released in May 1980, and was Burnette's only hit single.
By peaking at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100, "Tired of Toein' the Line" tied "You're Sixteen", by Rocky's father Johnny Burnette, as the highest-charting Hot 100 single from a member of the Burnette family. The single was also number one in Australia.
Weekly singles charts
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "NZ Top 40 Singles Chart | The Official New Zealand Music Chart". Nztop40.co.nz. 1980-08-10. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Music lyrics, charts, Games, & more". Top40db.net. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-25. Retrieved 2014-10-25.
- Steffen Hung. "Forum - Top 100 End of Year AMR Charts - 1980s (ARIA Charts: Special Occasion Charts)". Australian-charts.com. Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Top Selling Singles of 1980 | The Official New Zealand Music Chart". Nztop40.co.nz. 1980-12-31. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1980/Top 100 Songs of 1980". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-14. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
"I Got You" by Split Enz
|Australian Kent Music Report number-one single
June 9, 1980 - June 16, 1980
"Turning Japanese" by The Vapors
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|