|Studio album by Mick Karn|
|Recorded||July & August 1982 Studio 4, A.I.R. Studios, London|
|Genre||Experimental rock, synthpop|
|Label||Virgin Schallplatten GmbH, Blue Plate|
|Producer||Mick Karn, Colin Fairley|
|Mick Karn chronology|
|Singles from Titles|
Titles was released in November 1982, shortly after Karn's band Japan had announced their intention to split up. Karn recorded the album in London during July and August 1982, and Japan drummer Steve Jansen and keyboard player Richard Barbieri both worked as session musicians on the album.
The track "Sensitive" is a reworking of the Roberto Carlos song "La Distancia" (both Carlos and Karn are credited as writers). It was originally produced by Karn with Ricky Wilde and released as a single in June 1982, though failed to chart. A new version of the track was recorded for the album, and it was re-released as a single in January 1983 when it peaked at #98.
All compositions by Mick Karn except where noted.
- Side A
- "Tribal Dawn" 4:10
- "Lost Affections in a Room" 4:17
- "Passion in Moisture" 4:12
- "Weather the Windmill" 3:54
- Side B
- "Saviour, Are You With Me?" (trad., arr by Mick Karn) 4:05
- "Trust Me" 4:57
- "Sensitive" (Roberto Carlos, Mick Karn) 4:35
- "Piper Blue" 4:21
- "The Sound of Waves" 6:11*
- The 1990 CD re-issue included "The Sound of Waves" as a bonus track. This song had been previously issued as the B-side to the album's only single release, "Sensitive".
- Mick Karn - fretless bass, clarinet, percussion, bassoon, keyboards, ocarina, recorder, saxophone, vocals, multi-instruments
- Richard Barbieri - keyboards, programming, keyboard consultant
- Hugh Burns - guitar
- Colin Fairley - percussion, Producer, Engineer, remixing
- David Jacobs - Assistant Engineer
- Steve Jansen - conga, cymbal
- David Rhodes - guitar
- Tim Summerhays - Engineer
- Angie Usher - vocals
- Ricky Wilde - synthesizer, keyboards, Producer, mixing
- "Steele, Deborah (25 November 1982). "Album Reviews)". Smash Hits. Vol. 4 no. 24. EMAP Metro. p. 35.