Together (Wherever We Go)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Together (Wherever We Go)" is a song, now considered a standard, with music by Jule Styne and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, written for the musical play Gypsy in 1959. It was introduced by Ethel Merman, Jack Klugman, and Sandra Church.
- Tammy Blanchard
- The Four Lads
- Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli (live)
- Liza Minnelli on her 1964 studio album Liza! Liza!.
- The Hi-Los
- Adam Makowicz and George Mraz
- Ethel Merman & Jack Klugman
- Jack Klugman & Tony Randall on the album The Odd Couple Sings
- Angela Lansbury & Barrie Ingham in the original London cast recording.
- Bette Midler in the TV film "Gypsy" (1993).
- Bernadette Peters
- Patti LuPone
- Steve and Eydie
- Rosalind Russell in the film "Gypsy" (1962) - the number was included in the version shown to preview audiences but cut before the film went into wide release
- The song was sung by Danny Thomas and Marlo Thomas (accompanied off-camera by Milton Berle) on a 1971 episode of That Girl (Season 5, Episode 15).
- It was also featured in "The Show Must Go On", an episode of The Brady Bunch, season 4.
- The song was the final number for the 1973 ABC television special Break Up which starred Bernadette Peters, Bruce Davison, Barbara Sharma, and Carl Ballantine.
|This show tune-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|