Thomas Ian Pauling
|8th Administrator of the Northern Territory|
9 November 2007 – 31 October 2011
|Governor-General||Michael Jeffery AC CVO MC|
|Preceded by||Ted Egan AO|
|Succeeded by||Sally Thomas AM|
13 December 1946|
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Spouse(s)||Judith Therese (Tessa) Wilkinson|
|Alma mater||Sydney Law School|
Born in Sydney, Pauling was educated at Drummoyne Boys' High School, and graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the Sydney Law School (Syd). He was admitted to the Bar in New South Wales in 1969, and worked for the NSW Public Solicitor. In March 1970, he moved to Darwin in the Northern Territory, where he practised as a barrister and lived in Fannie Bay.
In September 2007, he was appointed Administrator of the Northern Territory, replacing Ted Egan. He was sworn in by the Governor-General of Australia, Michael Jeffery, on 9 November 2007. His term expired on the 31 October 2011 when Sally Thomas was sworn in as the first female Administrator of the Northern Territory.
- Curriculum Vitae: Administrator of the Northern Territory, Government of the Northern Territory.
- Guide to Archives Relating to Cyclone Tracy, Government of the Northern Territory.
- Our Street: Philip Street, Fannie Bay, Darwin, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 1 November 2001.
- Northern Territory Finalists 2007, Australian of the Year.
- NT appoints new Administrator, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 24 September 2007.
- Pauling sworn in as NT Administrator, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 9 November 2007.
- Sally Thomas appointed Administrator, Government of the Northern Territory Media Release, 31 October 2011.
- It's an Honour - Officer of the Order of Australia
| Administrator of the Northern Territory