Top Ten (book series)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (April 2010)|
Top Ten is a series of spin-offs of the Horrible Histories illustrated history books. Each book is made up of ten short stories made with a common theme, author or cultural background. The books retell the stories in as abridged versions, shortened to appeal to younger readers. These versions often use a number of unusual formats, such as diary, script, or cartoon. The stories alternate chapters with factual sections about the theme in question. Factual sections take the form of "Top Ten" lists of information, and the book as a whole is organized as an ascending "chart" which ranks stories counting down. The series is written by a variety of authors.
The series has been recently renamed to "10 Best Ever".
A list of books in the series:
- Top Ten Greek Legends - Terry Deary
- Top Ten Shakespeare Stories - Terry Deary
- Top Ten Dickens Stories
- Top Ten Bible Stories - Michael Coleman
- Top Ten Irish Legends - Margaret Simpson
- Top Ten Horror Stories - Michael Cox
- Top Ten Ghost Stories - Michael Cox
- Top Ten Arthurian Legends - Margaret Simpson
- Top Ten Fairy Stories
- Top Ten Viking Legends - Michael Cox
- Top Ten Kings and Queens of England
- "Scholastic Children’s Books - Scholastic Shop". www5.scholastic.co.uk.