This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
May 22, 1959
Lachine, Quebec, Canada
|Children||3 children and 1 stepchild|
Tosca Reno (born May 22, 1959) is a New York Times best selling author who has written Your Best Body Now and the Eat-Clean Diet series. She is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. She is also a fitness model and columnist.
Tosca Reno graduated from Queen's University with a B.Sc., and from Toronto's York University with a B.Ed. She writes the monthly "Raise the Bar" column for Oxygen and is on the magazine's advisory board. She gives motivational seminars across North America and writes many articles on training and nutrition for magazines such as Maximum Fitness, Reps!, and Clean Eating.
She has published a number of health and fitness books, including Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook which was nominated for the 2009 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards, and the New York Times best seller Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way.
Reno is the widow of Robert Kennedy who founded Robert Kennedy Publishing in 1974 with the launch of MuscleMag International and was also an accomplished artist and art teacher. Reno and Kennedy met on a school playground where Reno taught Kennedy's daughter. Reno, a mother of three, was getting divorced; and the two started a relationship. Kennedy died of cancer on April 12, 2012.
Following Kennedy's death Reno assumed the position of publisher and chief executive officer at Robert Kennedy Publishing.
Reno first began writing a monthly column for Oxygen and has since published 11 books with Robert Kennedy Publishing's book division, including the popular Eat-Clean Diet Series. In 2010 she became a New York Times bestselling author with her book Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way.
Tosca was featured in a mini-reality series called Tosca: Flexing at 49 in 2009. The eight-part series focused on her preparations for the final bodybuilding competition of her career. The series aired on the Viva Network in Canada in June, 2009.
- The Butt Book (2007)
- The Eat-Clean Diet Book (2007)
- The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook (2007)
- The Eat-Clean Diet Workout (2008)
- The Eat-Clean Diet Workout Journal (2008)
- The Eat-Clean Diet for Family and Kids (2008)
- The Eat-Clean Diet for Men (2009)
- The Eat-Clean Diet Companion (2009)
- Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook (2009)
- The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged (2009)
- Your Best Body Now (2009)
- The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped (2011)
- The Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook (2012)
- "Just the Rules" (2012)
- "The Start Here Diet" (2013)
- "Meet Tosca Reno". toscareno.com. June 13, 2013. Archived from the original on June 18, 2013. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- Steven Chase (October 9, 2009). "From a 'blob' to a body builder and bikini contestant". The Globe and Mail. Archived from the original on October 15, 2009. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- Teotonio, Isabel (April 24, 2012). "Robert Kennedy was a trailblazer in the fitness industry". Toronto Star. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Robert Kennedy Publishing - Health, Fitness, Nutrition and Lifestyle Books and Magazines". Rkpubs.com. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Robert Kennedy's publishing legacy handed to wife Tosca Reno". Masthead Online. 2012-04-16. Retrieved 2013-06-21.
- "ProgramDetails: Viva – Tosca: Flexing at 49". Corus Entertainment. Retrieved 2013-06-21.