|Founder||Travis Pittman, Shawn Pittman|
Number of locations
|Vienna, Toronto, Brisbane|
|Products||Multi-day group tours|
|Services||Internet booking engine|
Number of employees
TourRadar's global inventory includes over 40,000 different multi-day tours including those related to adventure, culinary, river-cruising, hiking & trekking, and several other types of travel styles.
Founded in 2010, TourRadar was created by Australian brothers Travis and Shawn Pittman and was inspired by their social travel website BugBitten. TourRadar was spun-out of Bugbitten in June 2010 and has since grown to include the ability to find, book and review multi-day tours.
In June 2013, TourRadar announced a round of angel funding from investors including ex-CEO of Expedia, Erik Blachford.
In May 2014, TourRadar appeared on Austria's version of Dragons' Den, "2 Minuten, 2 Millionen" (2 Minutes, 2 Million), and secured $500,000 USD in funding led by former chief executives from Expedia and HolidayCheck, as well as funding from a private Austrian Investment Company.
In September 2015, TourRadar launched in North America, establishing an office in Toronto, Canada, and named Christian Wolters, former VP of Sales and Marketing at Intrepid Travel, as the company's North America Managing Director.
In October 2017, TourRadar announced that it had completed a Series B funding round of $10 million. Later that year, TourRadar was named one of the top 3 start-ups in Austria by Trend Magazine.
In June 2018, TourRadar raised $50 million in Series C funding, led by Silicon Valley growth venture capital firm, TCV, who previously backed Expedia and Airbnb. The funding also included participation from existing investors Cherry Ventures, Endeit Capital, Hoxton Ventures and Speedinvest. In November, the company was named Austria's Best Start-up of the Year by Trend Magazine.
In February 2019, TourRadar launched a contest called Tour the World which included a global search for two strangers willing to travel the world together for 50 days. The winners had their experiences documented by a film crew while they traveled to five different continents.
- "LinkedIn". LinkedIn.
- O'neill, Sean. "TourRadar Raises $10 Million as Solo Female Travelers Turn to Tour Bookings". Skift. Skift. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Baratti, Laurie. "TourRadar Announces Top 100 Multi-Day Travel Experiences of the Year". TravelPulse. TravelPulse. Retrieved 10 December 2019.
- May, Kevin (6 July 2010). "TLabs Showcase - TourRadar". Phocuswire.
- May, Kevin. "TLabs Showcase - TourRadar". Phocuswire. Phocuswire. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- Robin Wauters: “Social group tour marketplace TourRadar books funding from ex-Expedia CEO and others”. The Next Web. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- Michael Altrichter (3 April 2014), 2 Minuten 2 Millionen / Puls4 - Michael Altrichter "Tourradar", retrieved 25 July 2018
- Thomas Ohr:"Group tour platform TourRadar secures $500k in angel funding". EU-Startups. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- TravelPress. TravelPress https://www.travelpress.com/tourradar-launches-in-north-america/. Retrieved 2 September 2016. Missing or empty
- "TourRadar locates $6M Series A for its travel tour booking site". TechCrunch. Retrieved 18 July 2019.
- "TourRadar wades into the river cruise market: Travel Weekly". www.travelweekly.com. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- Hayhurst, Lee (26 October 2017). "TourRadar raises $10 million in Series B funding". Travolution.
- "Ranking: Österreichs beste Start-ups 2017". trend.at (in German). 23 November 2017. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "TourRadar, the OTA for tour holidays, scores $50M Series C led by Silicon Valley's TCV". TechCrunch. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "TourRadar, the OTA for tour holidays, scores $50M Series C led by Silicon Valley's TCV". TechCrunch. Retrieved 18 July 2019.
- LEASCA, STACEY (15 February 2019). "You Can Travel the World for Free — If You're Willing to Do It With a Stranger". Travel + Leisure.
- Sorrells, Mitra. "TourRadar works with Google Zoo for unusual multi-continent tour contest". Phocuswire. Phocuswire. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Contact us". www.tourradar.com.